Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Godspeed monoSS coilovers fit a stock 2008 Caliber SXT with no rub? Running stock Wheels and tires 215/60 r17 . My front struts are done for and thinking of doing these, the maxpeedingrods, or REV9. The Godspeed look to be the highest ride. If they are adjustable, can't I even adjust the ride to be higher than stock? I don't care about a stiff ride. Thanks in advance to the performance Caliber guys on here.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am interested to know as well
I will let you know. I found a guy on youtube with them and followed him to his tiktok. Seemed like he was having issues with them. I tried asking a few questions and the only response I got was "adjustable sway bar end links" so I got those. I went with Whiteline 223320,223321 . Hopefully someone on here can tell me if I should replace anything else. The front frame crossmember cradle looks okay(Rust issues are common) However, my cali had bad struts for a long time in the front. Nothing catastrophic as far as I can tell. Do I need bushings for under the adjustable camber plates on these? I will replace front stabilizer bar bushings with Mopar because a guy on here had issues with MOOG ones, and the rear with TRW JBU1275.
Will try to document my experience, as front struts go bad often on Calibers and TRQ, MOOG, and especially mopar cost almost the same amount for loaded struts/springs. This kit is only $580 on Carid.com. A little info, these are old struts. Came out super long ago compared to other cheap ebay struts. The company that delivered them was FATBOY garage in LA... Same company that makes
Rev9 Hyperstreet coilovers. From what I can see these look a little nicer but time will tell.

Font Auto part Tool Event Brand
Magenta Office supplies Font Art Auto part
Automotive tire Rectangle Auto part Composite material Tire
Gas Wood Auto part Metal Cylinder

·
Registered
164 Posts
I will let you know. I found a guy on youtube with them and followed him to his tiktok. Seemed like he was having issues with them. I tried asking a few questions and the only response I got was "adjustable sway bar end links" so I got those. I went with Whiteline 223320,223321 . Hopefully someone on here can tell me if I should replace anything else. The front frame crossmember cradle looks okay(Rust issues are common) However, my cali had bad struts for a long time in the front. Nothing catastrophic as far as I can tell. Do I need bushings for under the adjustable camber plates on these? I will replace front stabilizer bar bushings with Mopar because a guy on here had issues with MOOG ones, and the rear with TRW JBU1275.
Will try to document my experience, as front struts go bad often on Calibers and TRQ, MOOG, and especially mopar cost almost the same amount for loaded struts/springs. This kit is only $580 on Carid.com. A little info, these are old struts. Came out super long ago compared to other cheap ebay struts. The company that delivered them was FATBOY garage in LA... Same company that makes
Rev9 Hyperstreet coilovers. From what I can see these look a little nicer but time will tell.

View attachment 17328 View attachment 17329 View attachment 17330 View attachment 17331

Ah i see. Yeah I should have just done this as well from the get go as i just replaced all of my suspension parts with Detroit axle parts lol. I would have saved some money there. Keep us posted man. I will be checking this route out soon as well! Btw how low are you trying to go?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah i see. Yeah I should have just done this as well from the get go as i just replaced all of my suspension parts with Detroit axle parts lol. I would have saved some money there. Keep us posted man. I will be checking this route out soon as well! Btw how low are you trying to go?
Just an inch. But after John Galt's reply thinking of going your route and returning the Godspeed MonoSS. He gave me some valuable feedback.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you like the Detroit axle? Can you link the kit you bought? I was going to go with the KYB kit that comes with the loaded struts/Springs and sway bar links. Did you do Control arms etc, etc, too?

·
Registered
164 Posts
How do you like the Detroit axle? Can you link the kit you bought? I was going to go with the KYB kit that comes with the loaded struts/Springs and sway bar links. Did you do Control arms etc, etc, too?

It is a stock replacement. The car sits stock height. Its super soft but not bouncy unless i hit going fast. The strut bolts are 13mm bolts or so. My strut bar can only fit 2 out of three bolts.

Other than that it is fine for stock riding. I wish I would have gotten a good pair of coilovers though. I just want a inch or 1.5 inch drop now.

This is what i got but it was 260 at the time

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a stock replacement. The car sits stock height. Its super soft but not bouncy unless i hit going fast. The strut bolts are 13mm bolts or so. My strut bar can only fit 2 out of three bolts.

Other than that it is fine for stock riding. I wish I would have gotten a good pair of coilovers though. I just want a inch or 1.5 inch drop now.

This is what i got but it was 260 at the time

Wait, The triangle strut plates at the top only fit 2 out of 3 bolts and its supposed to be a factory replacement? Also, what do you mean by strut bolts 13 mm or so? Didn't you just use the factory bolts?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wait, The triangle strut plates at the top only fit 2 out of 3 bolts...
The coilovers should bolt right into place perfectly, all three bolts in perfect position.

I believe the issue that CaliberGuy mentions, and I also have, is that with some strut tower brace, it is not possible to get 1 of the three nuts on each strut actually bolted on. Therefore, on my caliber, the top end of each strut is held on with only two bolts instead of three.

Even if you do run a strut tower brace, you do not need to worry.

I am pulling well over 1G in the corners and have not had any issues with the missing bolts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The coilovers should bolt right into place perfectly, all three bolts in perfect position.

I believe the issue that CaliberGuy mentions, and I also have, is that with some strut tower brace, it is not possible to get 1 of the three nuts on each strut actually bolted on. Therefore, on my caliber, the top end of each strut is held on with only two bolts instead of three.

Even if you do run a strut tower brace, you do not need to worry.

I am pulling well over 1G in the corners and have not had any issues with the missing bolts
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I have read that the Sway Bars are in the wrong place when you lower a car from factory. Is having adjustable Whiteline Sway bars going to help with that or is that only for going SUPER low or adjusting camber? I already got the adjustable gold Whiteline ones pictured above. I was looking at the Megan Racing control arms for the Lancer that you linked and the rear toe arms... Do I really need these for a non-track car?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I have read that the Sway Bars are in the wrong place when you lower a car from factory. Is having adjustable Whiteline Sway bars going to help with that or is that only for going SUPER low or adjusting camber? I already got the adjustable gold Whiteline ones pictured above. I was looking at the Megan Racing control arms for the Lancer that you linked and the rear toe arms... Do I really need these for a non-track car?
For my Caliber, a modest drop in height did not require adjustable end links.

IMO, if you are not going to lower the car dramatically and you are not going to put the car on the track, then you will not need adjustable camber, toe or end links.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For my Caliber, a modest drop in height did not require adjustable end links.

IMO, if you are not going to lower the car dramatically and you are not going to put the car on the track, then you will not need adjustable camber, toe or end links.
Doesnt dropping it at all change how the sway bar is linked? If I already have them, should i install or try to return? Front and rear was 100 each. They are the whiteline brand linked above.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Doesnt dropping it at all change how the sway bar is linked? If I already have them, should i install or try to return? Front and rear was 100 each. They are the whiteline brand linked above.
In theory yes, any change in ride height requires a different link. In practice, I’m running a 1.2” drop on my Caliber and the stock end links are working fine.

YMMV

1 - 13 of 13 Posts