Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my fellow CALIBER-...lol, I'm embarking on transforming my stock din radio to a 7" double din dvd player. I'm not a novice to electrical a/v work. My question is, once I remove the stock bezel and radio, will I just be able to swap in the stereo. Of course changing the harness and mounting brackets. (no navigation).
HELP HELP HELP!!!!

Oh I need direction to a double din caliber bezel.
:Hey:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I thought we all had double DIN already. Waht do we have, DIN + 1/2??

·
Super Moderator
12,194 Posts
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
International standard ISO 7736 defines a standard size for car audio head units. The standard was originally established by the German standards body Deutsches Institut für Normung as DIN 75490, and is therefore commonly referred to as the "DIN car radio size". It was adopted as an international standard in 1984.

Head units generally come in either single DIN (180 x 50 mm panel) or double DIN (180 x 100 mm panel) size. The depth is not standardized. The US standard for a DIN radio is 2" x 7" and the Double DIN sized radio is a 4" x 7".

Manufacturers moved to proprietary sizes as standard audio quality improved and became designed into the model. It also attempted to cut down on theft as they were not transferable. The Caliber's is wider and taller.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
International standard ISO 7736 defines a standard size for car audio head units. The standard was originally established by the German standards body Deutsches Institut für Normung as DIN 75490, and is therefore commonly referred to as the "DIN car radio size". It was adopted as an international standard in 1984.

Head units generally come in either single DIN (180 x 50 mm panel) or double DIN (180 x 100 mm panel) size. The depth is not standardized. The US standard for a DIN radio is 2" x 7" and the Double DIN sized radio is a 4" x 7".

Manufacturers moved to proprietary sizes as standard audio quality improved and became designed into the model. It also attempted to cut down on theft as they were not transferable. The Caliber's is wider and taller.
"THATS WHAT HE SAID" :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts