Dodge Caliber Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
66 Posts
Speedometer Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part

Here's what I got after few weeks of struggling. There aren't any side capacitive buttons so it looks clean overall.
Majority of the install was quite straight forward despite lack of detailed installation guide. Like OP mentioned, the biggest modification is transferring metal clips and vent fins, which involves cutting off melted plastic tabs that holds vent fins in place and securing it onto the new center bezel. I even googled to see if I can just order the vent fins but it seems to be a part of the center bezel so that thought was quickly thrown out of the window. In the end I used a rotary tool to save time and myself from cutting my fingers off using a knife.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yes, you will be fine. Enjoy! Make sure to look on XDA developers forum under uis7862 and Teyes cc3 thread for great tips. Also, AGAMA car launcher is the best home screen i have found the default UI is kinda bad on some units.
Also, you may want to use smaller screws to put the AC controls back on. The holes in the bezel that came on mine were way too small. See below post for AC vent tips. (;
I'm going to try AGAMA. Is yours the "pro" version?
Maybe you have the steps used to set up a custom home screen?
My seller is having a hard time with translation so it hasn't been great :- (
What I want is to have the home-screen back-ground black, and have an image of my choice appear in the center. Would you know the steps to do so?

Cheers!

Mark

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm going to try AGAMA. Is yours the "pro" version?
Maybe you have the steps used to set up a custom home screen?
My seller is having a hard time with translation so it hasn't been great :- (
What I want is to have the home-screen back-ground black, and have an image of my choice appear in the center. Would you know the steps to do so?

Cheers!

Mark
Yes, you will be fine. Enjoy! Make sure to look on XDA developers forum under uis7862 and Teyes cc3 thread for great tips. Also, AGAMA car launcher is the best home screen i have found the default UI is kinda bad on some units.
Also, you may want to use smaller screws to put the AC controls back on. The holes in the bezel that came on mine were way too small. See below post for AC vent tips. (;
Hi!

I too wish to replace the launcher app provided by the manufacturer. I also wish to use AGAMA Launcher as you did.
Did you first download the AGAMA app, then remove the manufacturers app? Or did you simply "force stop" it, then allow the AGAMA to become the launcher using the OS set up screen? Below is what my screen presents.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Grille Car

Thank you!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi!

I too wish to replace the launcher app provided by the manufacturer. I also wish to use AGAMA Launcher as you did.
Did you first download the AGAMA app, then remove the manufacturers app? Or did you simply "force stop" it, then allow the AGAMA to become the launcher using the OS set up screen? Below is what my screen presents.
View attachment 17489

Thank you!
Yes, I selected Agama Pro as the launcher there on that menu. Occasionally it will revert back or ask again (especially lately) to select Agama launcher. Maybe I will try a force stop or block. Another tip... You can use a 1tb ssd to store music/media but it takes a while to load when you first start the car. Most ppl think there is a data limit. I use a SanDisk extreme from Costco with a 1040mb/s read speed... Also not sure if it was u that mentioned the canbus but if you change settings to jeep Cherokee xp your door sensors will work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes, I selected Agama Pro as the launcher there on that menu. Occasionally it will revert back or ask again (especially lately) to select Agama launcher. Maybe I will try a force stop or block. Another tip... You can use a 1tb ssd to store music/media but it takes a while to load when you first start the car. Most ppl think there is a data limit. I use a SanDisk extreme from Costco with a 1040mb/s read speed... Also not sure if it was u that mentioned the canbus but if you change settings to jeep Cherokee xp your door sensors will work.
One other question please?

Is your head-unit root enabled, or locked by the manufacturer?

My manufacturer says that I can not change mine.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts