Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any Cali owners are looking to upgrade their factory stereo to a multimedia head-unit, then I recommend this vendor - Fecheiws Store. They sell over the Aliexpress marketing site.

I myself gave them a try, and after a few back-and-forths, I now enjoy a ton of features, and a big improvement to my Boston Acoustics system. All they require is a good quality picture of the factory radio you want to replace before the purchase, and you will get a genuine plug-&-play system. But do yourself a favor and get the higher end model (P6) and purchase express shipping. Mine arrived about ten days after it was shipped (to western Canada).

You get the multimedia head-unit (10 inch screen and Android Auto 11) installed into the replacement console bezel (only in silver) , CAN-bus controller module, wire harness, peripherals like cameras, GPS, WiFi, SIM card (4G), microphone, satellite antenna etc. My Caliber is a low mileage, 2007 SXT with the Boston sound system. I was skeptical at first, however all I needed to do was remove the old radio and bezel, remove the switches at the bottom, the air system controller and vent unit. I reattached all to the new bezel, plugged it into the factory plug, and it started right up. Both amps start, steering wheel controls work, the factory systems info is available (doors open etc.) and Android Auto is available (wired) too. Apple apps are included as well (phone connection).

What you will need is a good knowledge of how to install stuff like this, and Android (Google) systems. They do not provide any installation, technical detail, or user manuals, and only communicate using the Aliexpress chat feature. So be ready to do some homework. :- ) But for me it was well worth it!

·
Super Moderator
12,594 Posts
This how it should be.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That looks really clean. How does the unit perform?
Love it man. Mine is hengcheng but similar to Teyes CC3. Teyes makes you pay extra but has customer support in australia vs Chinese. You have to know a lil about Android operating system. XDA Developers hase some good info on it.
Here are some more pics

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you post a pic? What color is yours? mine seems to match.
Maybe later? However, they all seem to use the same silver color. My vendor didn't know anything regarding paint codes or anything like that. If any out there have the silver interior finish, then this will likely be a close match. Me..... I'll need to decide if I should paint the new radio bezel factory Inferno Red, or paint the factory shifter-bezel silver :- )

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
44 Posts
I placed an order for mine after a real long consideration. The default silver color trim looks nice and clean but since mine has the blue accents, I'm probably gonig to spray paint it blue to match it with rest of the trims.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Maybe later? However, they all seem to use the same silver color. My vendor didn't know anything regarding paint codes or anything like that. If any out there have the silver interior finish, then this will likely be a close match. Me..... I'll need to decide if I should paint the new radio bezel factory Inferno Red, or paint the factory shifter-bezel silver :- )
A note of caution Dupli-Color Inferno Red isn't all that great IMO

·
Super Moderator
12,594 Posts
Use a MOPAR can (on the bare fascia before mounting)
Chrysler Dodge Jeep PRH BLAZE RED CRYSTAL TOUCH UP SPRAY PAINT AEROSOL 5OZ MOPAR

Only silver fascias are available - even from MOPAR. Numbers of individual colored R/T Sport variants are tiny.

If you want a good result why not take the bare fascia panel to a body shop for a professional code matched finish.
For a budget option I would change the shifter panel to a stock used silver one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I placed an order for mine after a real long consideration. The default silver color trim looks nice and clean but since mine has the blue accents, I'm probably gonig to spray paint it blue to match it with rest of the trims.
Hopefully you sent them a photo of the back of your factory radio, and you went for the higher end model. Worth the extra money for sure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hopefully you sent them a photo of the back of your factory radio, and you went for the higher end model. Worth the extra money for sure.
The seller didn't mention anything about sending a photo. Is it important? And yes, I went for the top end model so hopefully it does perform well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The seller didn't mention anything about sending a photo. Is it important? And yes, I went for the top end model so hopefully it does perform well.
There are a few different factory plug interfaces. Mine required the harness for the Boston Acoustics system. Even when I discribed it in every detail before buying, they keeped asking for a picture just to be sure. I took a chance and went with the standard. When my unit arrived, I discovered that the plug was indeed incorrect, and the vendor needed to ship me the correct one. After that things went well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There are a few different factory plug interfaces. Mine required the harness for the Boston Acoustics system. Even when I discribed it in every detail before buying, they keeped asking for a picture just to be sure. I took a chance and went with the standard. When my unit arrived, I discovered that the plug was indeed incorrect, and the vendor needed to ship me the correct one. After that things went well.
I see. Mine is just a standard 4-speaker system so I hope I won't have to go through such hassle. Everything else is just plug and play right?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I see. Mine is just a standard 4-speaker system so I hope I won't have to go through such hassle. Everything else is just plug and play right?
Yes, you will be fine. Enjoy! Make sure to look on XDA developers forum under uis7862 and Teyes cc3 thread for great tips. Also, AGAMA car launcher is the best home screen i have found the default UI is kinda bad on some units.
Also, you may want to use smaller screws to put the AC controls back on. The holes in the bezel that came on mine were way too small. See below post for AC vent tips. (;

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just installed a monoblock and 5 channel for an SQ setup. I have Components with 1.5" Silk Dome tweeters screwed to triangle pod inside window near rear view mirror facing driver and passenger. Perfect place for a tweeter. But because I am doing a 5.1 system with my Teyes CC3 head unit, I need a center channel. I am going to try to use my Peerless by Tymphany XT25SC90-04 1" Dual Ring Radiator Tweeters in the dash location, under the windshield grille where the Boston Acoustics tweeters are. I have already pulled off A-Pillar plastic and Dash grille that goes over vin. There are two plastic blanks where tweeters would normally be. Some have said that there are already wires here if you don't have the Boston sound system. I see a large wire harness that goes up the A(no pun) pillar and to the ceiling. Are these all for an amp, speakers, and the subs? I am guessing only two of them would connect to main harness? L&R audio? Can't seem to find a set of two individual wires not hooked up to anything... Anyway, I freed up my Head unit amplifier by hooking Front and Rear speakers to 5 channel, so I am just going to use the 24w x 2 front wires from my head unit (one for each tweeter) here. I will post some updates and pics. The round tweeter holders that come with many tweeters fit perfectly here. It's like a circle with a half popsicle stick at each end with holes for screws.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well I think I have hit myself into a bit of a roadblock as the PB6 Marine Blue Pearl spray paint (5163032AB) I tried to order from Mopar is apparently on back order with no ETA. :(
I was really hoping to paint the bezel to color match the original bezel but I guess it will be a mix and match for now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts