Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 08 caliber srt4 and my cluster backlight doesnt work by boost gauge one works with the dimmer but not the clusters unsure whats the issue checked fuses everything is good there makes it near impossible to drive at night help is needed! Thanks

·
Registered
545 Posts
I don't know about the SRT4's cluster but the cluster on non-SRT Calibers uses an electro-luminescent panel, not light bulbs. If the backlight fails, you have to replace the whole cluster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about the SRT4's cluster but the cluster on non-SRT Calibers uses an electro-luminescent panel, not light bulbs. If the backlight fails, you have to replace the whole cluster.
So little update it works randomly like sounds weird but itll turn on and stay on after downshifting its only way i can get it to turn on any idea why?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Best armchair guess is that you have a bad solder joint or a loose wire someplace and the connection comes and goes as the car vibrates or jerks (for lack of a better term) when changing gears. With the car running and the lights on bang around the cluster to see if you can get it to flicker on and off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best armchair guess is that you have a bad solder joint or a loose wire someplace and the connection comes and goes as the car vibrates or jerks (for lack of a better term) when changing gears. With the car running and the lights on bang around the cluster to see if you can get it to flicker on and off.
So update randomly starts working now when i want it to. Of course when i post here for help it fixes it self... Atleast for now just know dodge has bad wiring issues

1 - 5 of 5 Posts