Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently read a couple of threads with individuals stating that they only get 20mpg city and 27mpg hiway with the SRT 4. Is this correct? I am in the process of purchasing a smaller car for my wife (who loves performance everything we own is modified and warmed up) and was interested in what type of fuel mileage we could anticipate. Any help or opinions on the car would be appreciated!

·
Dodge Caliber Forums
1,295 Posts
with individuals stating that they only get 20mpg city and 27mpg hiway with the SRT 4. Is this correct?
Somse SRT4 drivers may have reported such MPG. But some non-turbo Caliber drivers report the same MPG. Some SRT4 drivers have reported 30MPG. A fellow who did some performance mods, says he has gotten as high as 33MPG with the SRT4. So if you BUY a 280HP SRT4 Caliber, & DON'T use 280HP(feather foot), you can get fairly decent MPG.

It depends on the chemicals in your foot....lead or feathers.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
I don't have an SRT, but consistently get 30 mpg out of my 2.0 Caliber with CVT. I ain't complaining!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I normally get 22 in the city and 27-29 on the highway and thats giving it some gas. If I'm driving keeping mileage in mind I have gotten 25 in the city and 32 on the highway. The only mod I have is a K&N drop in filter and im at just over 3000 miles the first 1500 miles I was getting 16-17 in the city and 23-24 on the highway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
... the first 1500 miles I was getting 16-17 in the city and 23-24 on the highway.
Well that's reassuring because I've been sitting around 22mpg (CDN mpg's too!!) for probably a good ~800kms city/hwy driving without hitting the ol' reset. I'm over 2500kms now on the ODO and I think the mpg's are slowly on the climb up now. Hopefully I'll be seeing closer to 30 mpg's soon enough. And a note...those 2500kms have been a "fun" 2500kms!! :smileup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am @ 3k also and the best I pull off so far in HOT ASS florida weather which is TERRIBLE for turbos is about 28 MPG but that is doing 70 MPH which I can hardly do considering people on the turnpike are effing maniacs GG ! women in SUV's doing 90+

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have recently read a couple of threads with individuals stating that they only get 20mpg city and 27mpg hiway with the SRT 4. Is this correct? I am in the process of purchasing a smaller car for my wife (who loves performance everything we own is modified and warmed up) and was interested in what type of fuel mileage we could anticipate. Any help or opinions on the car would be appreciated!

Mine is a 2008 SRT-4 I use it for work belive it or not. I do alot of travling. I can get about 28 or so on highway I have gotton as much as 31. Around town its not too good probly 23. But I am pretty happy with the millage. Compared to my 2001 Trans Am with its 12 bolt 411 the caliber is the bomb.

·
Registered
153 Posts
28.1 MPG so far with the full bolt on SRT4C from PTP. I couldn't be happier with my mods paying for themselfs with returns at the pump.

Before mods we normally ran 21 to 23 MPG, now with the higher boost and bolt on's we average 28 MPG. We just did a 140 mile rond trip the other day and got 32 MPG. I feel that the throttle opening really plays a part in getting great MPG gains from the car.

Forgot to add that we have been doing testing for the last 9000 miles and this is a combined total of city and freeway. If we did freeway only test I am willing to bet that we could pull over 34 MPG with the proper conditions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
good mileage

Hi, I live in the Washington DC area and it is mostly city driving. I have been consistently getting 25mpg in town and on strictly highway trips about 30 mpg , mixed driving is around 26 mpg or 27 mpg. It has been suprisingly good because I read some reviews of regular Caliber owners who were getting low 20's in their non-SRT-4's and I figured I would be getting around 20 therefore, with my SRT-4, so I have been pleasantly surprised. Plus you will love the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.