Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guyz n Galz,
I have a question for yall... I have been lookin to find new guages for the cali but to no luck, so now im bored tryin to think of some way to change the guages and i started thinkin bout how similar my friends Charger speedo was to my other friends Magnum Speedo.... "Humm" I said... "What Chrysler made cars are similar to the Cali's?"... Then it hit me!!!! the Avenger and the Sebring. So now back to my question, Do yall think its possible to swap Speedos from one of those to our Cali's??? I have pictures of all the speedo's and they look like it would be an easy swap but i am unsure about the clips and plugs.

Here is what most our Cali speedo's look like (except the SRT's)

This one above has the black cover over it (above picture)
and this one does not have the cover (below) (side note...I couldnt find a pic of a cali speedo w/ the RPM tach and without the black piece)

Now here is a pic of a sebring's tach

and finally the Avenger Tach

Now granted they all are very similar in style but they are differant, for example our cali's warning lights are located in those black circles in the MPH guage,
now in the sebring and avenger they are blended in w/ the white making them look hidden. (but they are there trust me) and the sebring has more of a elegant style along with differant needles. And the avenger has a shaded area along the outside of the RPM guage and the temp and fuel guages. Let me kno what yall think!

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Looking at the pictures and thinking logically, you would believe they'd interchange. But that's not necessarily the case these days. You'd have to have the two, in hand, side by side to know if the connections are the same, plus you may have odometer issues too. I wouldn't say it NOT worth a try, but it could cause problems too. No real answers here, but a few points to ponder.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The dealer replaced the cluster in my Nitro. It had to be programed with my Nitro information before it was shipped to them, in order for it would work. So my guess would be no.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
but then you can also programm them to the caliber.. but who should do this!? or who can do this?!

but the sebrig one is nice!
:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer replaced the cluster in my Nitro. It had to be programed with my Nitro information before it was shipped to them, in order for it would work. So my guess would be no.
I was told from a friend who swaped out his guage cluster on his Cadillac, that his info just auto came up, cause the cars info is on the ECU unit and not the cluster its-self.
Now if thats the case then I dont think it would be hard to swap em'...only if the plugs match up. but even if it has to be programmed from at the dealer, if it turns out that they are the same speedo just different design, i dont believe the dealer would have a hard time putting your info on the new cluster... i could be wrong tho.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
I don't know much about this, but i have heard that if you put a new cluster in a Caliber, if you had 23,200 miles on your old cluster, you will have 23,200 miles on your new cluster once installed. Miles are stored in the ECU memory I think LOL!!! The Sebring's cluster looks very nice.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now after being obsessed wit wanting to change my speedo, I continued to do research on similar guage cluters and found this one

the PT Cruiser cluster.... I think I like this one the most1

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
yeah looks good.. like the sebring ones...
but there is a unforgivable mistake in that cluster...
the arrow for the fuel door!
;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah looks good.. like the sebring ones...
but there is a unforgivable mistake in that cluster...
the arrow for the fuel door!
;)
LOL i didnt notice at first... and also the RPM redline is about 500 rpm's earlier at 6000k while the cali, sebring and avenger is at 6500k.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
ok.. but the caliber cvt does latest shift up at 6000 rpm...
so thats not inetresting
;)

but would love to have an update about that..
;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts