Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the name of this plastic part and what it does?
while I was opening my fuel injectors to clean them, lost one of my injector bolts in this hole!!! now I have no idea how to open this plastic cover and take the bolt !!! (i hope its cover and)...and what is the name of this part then i can search on youtube about how to open it!!!!. Thank you.

·
Administrator
6,491 Posts
Looks like the intake manifold most are plastic now

·
Registered
572 Posts
That's your intake manifold...it feeds the air (and eventually fuel) into your cylinders via the intake valves. Did you remove it and drop the bolt down one of the air runners?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's your intake manifold...it feeds the air (and eventually fuel) into your cylinders via the intake valves. Did you remove it and drop the bolt down one of the air runners?
no, I didn't remove the intake manifold at all... it passed through from the hole beside the oil gauge and as I see the intake manifold is not open to the cylinder as long I don't remove it!!! this is what I see because I see the Dynamo from this hole... I need to know just if normally in mount position the intake manifold has a way to the cylinder or not? by the way this is not my intake manifold, just found from the internet, as I said I didn't open it at all..because it was difficult to access to.

·
Registered
572 Posts
The air intake system is a sealed system...if you didn't unbolt the manifold from the engine block then there is NO WAY the bolt made it into one of your cylinders. I just took a look at my engine and there's just engine block down the area around the dipstick tube...the bolt probably landed on an outcropping or a bracket or something. If you have a magnetic wand (looks just like a portable radio antenna but the tip is a magnet) you could probably just sick it down there and fish around for the bolt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The air intake system is a sealed system...if you didn't unbolt the manifold from the engine block then there is NO WAY the bolt made it into one of your cylinders. I just took a look at my engine and there's just engine block down the area around the dipstick tube...the bolt probably landed on an outcropping or a bracket or something. If you have a magnetic wand (looks just like a portable radio antenna but the tip is a magnet) you could probably just sick it down there and fish around for the bolt.
THANK YOU SO MUCH...I WILL TRY TO FIND IT OTHERWISE I WILL BUY YWO BOLTS AND DONE.... ANY IDEA WHAT KIND OF BOLTS USED FOR THE INJECTION MOUNT?THESE BOLTS? WHAT NUMBER ARE THEY?THANK YOU

1 - 10 of 10 Posts