Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So long Inferno Red

As most of you know, I have developed a love-hate relationship with my car. For the followers of the No Throttle Response thread(s), some will remember that over the course of 2 and a half years my Caliber kept experiencing this issue which almost turned deadly to me once with a semi jack-knifing around my car because it had decided not to move at an intersection.

During that time, My Caliber has had

• Numerous TCP, PCM, ECM flashes
  • Throttle body replaced
  • PCM replaced
  • TCM replaced
  • Pedal assembly replaced
  • Full at-home "Pilot" diagnostic scans and reports sent to Chrysler
  • ELECTROCUTED ME!
  • Countless phone calls, web searches, hours spent in dealer service manual
all in hope of finding and fixing my problem.

In recent weeks, my patience and resolve had hit rock bottom and I just couldn't take it anymore.

Being good-hearted and usually cheerful and an all-around funny guy, I was taking the whole mess with a grain of salt. But in the end, I just wasn't happy with my car. Every time I was taking it, I dreaded the next time it would embarrass me in traffic.

Recently, my employer recommitted to it's employee perks program and some of the suppliers (which range from Disney Resorts to Rolex) are car manufacturers. With the prices of cars having fallen down a lot in the past couple of years, paired with the multi-thousand rebates I could get through this program (in one extreme case, 17,000$ CDN rebate), it became feasible to eat up the lease penalty of the frickin' R/T AWD and just get rid of it for something more in line with my expectations as to what my Caliber should have been.

I thought I'd wait another six months for this but the perk opportunity is too appealing. In short, I'm bailing out of my Caliber R/T AWD love-hate affair and moving onto a more serious relationship with a car that won't leave me dangling on street corners. Also, I've decided not to get entrapped again into a lease and proceeded into a purchase. So should anything go wrong, the car will have a more decent resell price.

I'll try to stick around because this truly is one of the best online community I've been around with, with helpful people and generally pleasant discussions & threads. IF you guys don't mind.

Hopefully this wont affect my MOTM nomination :(

What I got is a totally different beast:

• 50% more power
  • FWD only ( :( )
  • 6 Speed REAL transmission with a F-IN' CLUTCH!
  • Interior finish as if it wasn't built as a Happy Meal giveaway, including carpet cargo bay and heated leather
  • More bass, MP3, USB and XM satellite
  • Traction control (which might make up for loss of AWD)
  • Turbo
plus a number of feature on-par to what I had in the Caliber R/T such as sunroof, instrumentation, AC, 4 doors, hatchback, full alloy.

All for about 80$ extra a month.

If you're interested in seeing what I got, I've posted a small video of my hellish American ride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa0jVoq3v-w

and photos of my new Italian ride, and quick intro video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt3OcMjGkE8

I call it the Silver Bullet. :D

So long Inferno Red. You indeed had the right color.

Love ya all! ;-)

·
Registered
189 Posts
HAHAHA WOW :Na_Na_Na_Na: you had me going for a min. haha Nice! Glad you did it? haha I love this CAR!!! :jok:

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
I really hope this car makes up for the last.:smileup:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
damn... bye inferno
welcome srt
;)

wish you a lot of fun with the srt!!!
:)

·
Banned
314 Posts
During that time, My Caliber has had

• Numerous TCP, PCM, ECM flashes
  • Throttle body replaced
  • PCM replaced
  • TCM replaced
  • Pedal assembly replaced
  • Full at-home "Pilot" diagnostic scans and reports sent to Chrysler
  • Countless phone calls, web searches, hours spent in dealer service manual
I dreaded the next time it would embarrass me in traffic.
;-)
You failed to mention the time "Inferno" almost set your ass on fire!:D
Anyway, congrats!!! Gone off-roading yet???

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You failed to mention the time "Inferno" almost set your ass on fire!:D
Anyway, congrats!!! Gone off-roading yet???
Oh indeed I forgot about the electrocution thing. Edited!

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
I watched the video. I was sad to hear your Caliber was being rid of (as tears rolled down my face). I was thinking "mouser could still visit us from time to time". Then as i clicked on the link to your "new Italian ride" i was thinking, "mouser must have gotten himself a Honda"......................You got a Silver SRT4!!! Beautiful car and i hope you have better luck with this one.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Cool post !!! And congrats on the new italian ride LOL
Silver Bullet looks great !!! :smileup:

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had been a while since I last had an Italian :sexe:

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was thinking, "mouser must have gotten himself a Honda"........
Dear lord no! They make lawnmowers for crying out loud! Also, I very so seldomly wear a baseball cap... :cool:

·
Administrator
10,854 Posts
Dear lord no! They make lawnmowers for crying out loud! Also, I very so seldomly wear a baseball cap... :cool:
I've got a Honda lawnmower, it's pretty sweet!!:smileup:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Major kudos for giving Dodge a second shot and a double kudos for sticking with the Caliber.

I really hope that the SRT treats you right and doesn't try to kill you or any cat. ;)

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Cool vid !!! :smileup:

Still can't see your MOTM badge though... :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts