Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Try putting each image option in sequential separate posts

Reactions: 672aq

· Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Is that a white light? It would be classed as 'off-road use only'. Any white light bar / auxillary light must face forwards, except a back up light when moving in that direction.
I was trying to rationalise that fender regulation. The tire must be covered to avoid chips and shard being flung at high speed into the eyes of pedestrians, cyclist, convertibles, glass lamps, windows..
26.5 mb is a massive resolution for magnifying cracks & flaws etc, 350kb is a typical snap, 50kb is a web page insertion.
Assume the alley is LED, if you make it clearly yellow (ish) tone you will still get illumination and be indicating it is a side marker as long as it's brightness is not a nuisance.

· Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Musical instrument Automotive lighting Finger Communication Device Electronic instrument

It's an amber/white (and/or) combo, for "off road" use. The intent is to light up house/mailbox/curb numbers when making night deliveries; pull up to the location, switch the white to find the address number, and then change to amber while unloading. Off while normal driving, for sure. They are bright!

Fender flares are definitely getting installed. I'm amazed at how many rocks are getting picked up and smack the side of the car! I'm checking the junkyard daily for a Nitro - I'll be modifying its front plastic flares for the Caliber. Real easy to trim. I just need to trim them to keep the curves of the car. I may use front Nitro fenders for front and back (cut more for the back). Mud flaps, too.

I thought about making some from garden edging just to have something until. I don't like throwing rocks.

I've a different camera app and haven't checked its setting. The phone has a 5-lens camera, I think 40MP. I'll check later. 😁

The alley light is LED, about 40-50 watts, flood type. I wanted to use these on top of the roof, but the spread is like 120° with not much distance when driving in the desert.

Plans are for 100-watt 6" KC spotlights behind the bullbar. That'll need to wait until I decide what to do about the fascia damage, first.

· Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
There are different resolution settings on the camera app so you only use full when needed. I used online resizers after tips on here such as simpleimageresizer.com
These days I do image management with GIMP

Spots are badass but I see more LED lightbars these days, roof mounts for distance, bull bar for hazards.

· Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had five 3" cube LEDs mounted on the roof before, but they seem to put out a goofy light.

Cloud Sky Motor vehicle Automotive tire Street light

Blurry, unnatural colour, in the desert and the mountains. I couldn't figure out what I was actually seeing.

Is that a weed? A bear? Am I hallucinating again? 🤪

· Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Fear & Loathing in Nevada - there's a novel in you.

· Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Millenials!
Hunter S. Thompson's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas,

Reactions: 672aq

· Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Got the one mounted and tested:

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Photograph Motor vehicle

White. Amber. Both.

I wanted four of these, each mounted right at the hinge of each door. But the company no longer makes these models - the new ones don't look like these, and are super cheap.

I do have one more of these to put on the passenger side, but can't find its original bracket.

This one will have to do for now.

Brown Rectangle Electronic device Cable Wire

· Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Installed one on the passenger side today:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Photograph

I constantly get good comments about this car. Big, bulky, apparently is what men want to see in a car.

I still have no idea what women want...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts