Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking to someone at torque solution and they are willing to make a short throw shifter for our cars but they need a car or at least a shifter itself for R&D...

It's in North Palm Beach, FL. Maybe someone could swing by if they live near there.

Or we could all collectively start scouring junkyards for a shifter and take it out.

Here is an example of what they could make us

http://www.torquesolution.com/Torque_Solution_Short_Shifter_Chevy_Camaro_2010_2_p/ts-ss-007.htm

It would cost between $100 and $150 and probably give us a 25% reduction.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I have been talking to someone at torque solution and they are willing to make a short throw shifter for our cars but they need a car or at least a shifter itself for R&D...

It's in North Palm Beach, FL. Maybe someone could swing by if they live near there.

Or we could all collectively start scouring junkyards for a shifter and take it out.

Here is an example of what they could make us

http://www.torquesolution.com/Torque_Solution_Short_Shifter_Chevy_Camaro_2010_2_p/ts-ss-007.htm

It would cost between $100 and $150 and probably give us a 25% reduction.
Would the r&d car for the shifter be free of charge? If so im interested...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you mean shifter for the r&d car... IDK, But I will ask him (jest sent him an email), I'd hope you would get it free for your trouble of helping us all out. I'm just curious, about how far away do you live from there? It may be a weekend thing, IDK, I asked him about that too.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I assume you mean shifter for the r&d car... IDK, But I will ask him (jest sent him an email), I'd hope you would get it free for your trouble of helping us all out. I'm just curious, about how far away do you live from there? It may be a weekend thing, IDK, I asked him about that too.
I guess well see...i go on a cruise with my wife in december and we leave from florida so i might be able to drive down and they can have it while im away for a week

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Dave you just dont want to pay for parking do you lol.
Hmmm....free shifter and no parking or $20 per day, what would u go for...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, for anybody interested, its not all that hard to make your own short shifter from your original shifter. I have made my own that decreased the throw by about 25% as mentioned above, and shifter effort didn't increase all that much. It can be done for about $5, but you do need a welder to do some of the work. if anyone is interested I can post a how to on doing this. The only downside to this is that you can't just swap back to your original shifter if you don't like it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would be a very good idea to post that information somewhere. don't forget to post pictures too.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Well, for anybody interested, its not all that hard to make your own short shifter from your original shifter. I have made my own that decreased the throw by about 25% as mentioned above, and shifter effort didn't increase all that much. It can be done for about $5, but you do need a welder to do some of the work. if anyone is interested I can post a how to on doing this. The only downside to this is that you can't just swap back to your original shifter if you don't like it.
That's a great idea...id do it if i had a working car lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts