Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a dealership tell me my shocks need replacement 2 years ago, there's no bouncing or anything else. Took it to another dealership for a second opinion and was told no shocks are find, just little seepage in the rear struts. Fast forward to now, I just replaced my tires, the tire shop messed up one of my lug nuts so they had another auto shop fix it and take care of the frozen tie rods because the tire shop couldn't perform an alignment. The other auto shop told me that the shocks /struts need to be replaced as they bad and that shocks are recommended to be changed every 50,000 miles. I have 133,000 miles on my Caliber R/T. Today I took my car to another dealership to inspect the shocks and struts, they tell me my shocks and struts are good. My question is there a way I can check myself to see if the shocks and structs are good or bad since I've got conflicting stories from different shops?

·
Registered
631 Posts
In my book if I don't see any oil seeping down the shocks, don't see any broken strut springs, the car isn't sagging front or back, and when I jump up and down on the ends of the car it only bounces a little once or twice before coming to a stop, they're fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my book if I don't see any oil seeping down the shocks, don't see any broken strut springs, the car isn't sagging front or back, and when I jump up and down on the ends of the car it only bounces a little once or twice before coming to a stop, they're fine.
Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's Good's to know...I just found out my bushings are gone, and an having the end links replaced. Mechanic said the only way to be 100% sure it's not the struts is to change that out first. Which is a lot less expensive. And since I'm not above getting underneath a car, now I'll know what to look for before I take it to him Monday. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts