Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Dodge Caliber SXT - Does anyone know if you have to relearn a crankshaft sensor to have the car work properly again. I am installing my new sensor tomorrow and wanted to ensure it was being done correctly. I am learning how to work on my vehicle and was told first to disconnect the battery, remove the heat shield and install the new one but I know with many sensors you have to relearn it so wanted to check before starting the process. If so what system or program is needed? I don't want to damage anything.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It does not need to be programmed. It's actually a simple device...there are teeth & a notch on the crankshaft that the sensor detects electrically as they go by. As long as the sensor works the car's computer will see the expected electrical signals and all will be well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does not need to be programmed. It's actually a simple device...there are teeth & a notch on the crankshaft that the sensor detects electrically as they go by. As long as the sensor works the car's computer will see the expected electrical signals and all will be well.
Thank You, Much Appreciated, Sorry for the late reply. I read it the moment you sent it to me, I appreciate the quick reply, it helped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts