Dodge Caliber Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, Ok, i get the message,,,i will keep my opinions to myself....i don't even now why i bother posting replys,,,every one has a opinion and doesn't even know what the situation of the person that is posting does or spends or etc. I have paid more insurance in my life than most people. I get a little social security report every quarter and if i where to be disabled, I would get more than most people make in one month if benefit checks, and the worst thing is that I had a son die in a lake because he couldn't get his seat belt off.............so your opinions are your opinions......i will keep mine to myself from now on..........america the land of the free and the controlling...............

·
Premium Member
10,257 Posts
Ok, Ok, i get the message,,,i will keep my opinions to myself....i don't even now why i bother posting replys,,,every one has a opinion and doesn't even know what the situation of the person that is posting does or spends or etc. I have paid more insurance in my life than most people. I get a little social security report every quarter and if i where to be disabled, I would get more than most people make in one month if benefit checks, and the worst thing is that I had a son die in a lake because he couldn't get his seat belt off.............so your opinions are your opinions......i will keep mine to myself from now on..........america the land of the free and the controlling...............
I'm sorry for your loss!! You have got the wrong idea about this forum, your opinion does matter, your circumstance is of a different nature. For the most part, seat belts save lives, on the other hand there are rare occasions that they inhibit exiting a vehicle. I don't want to be in either situation, but for now I'll wear my seat belt.

·
Z ADDICT
3,195 Posts
Your opinion is just important as anybody else's on this forum. You just happen to have an opinion that is different from others who feel strongly about theirs. A forum is made up of opinions. You will find some of your opinions the members will agree and some will not.

G

·
My dad complains that his '05 Chevy PU beeps at him some, he's always sayin' something like: shut up you D*mn thing... I tell him, it'll shut up when you put your seatbelt on.. Then I get a dirty look. My opinion is this: The cars and trucks we drive should be annoying as H*ll! Keep beeping, and beeping.. When it's done beeping, beep some more! Also, have a safety interlock for seatbelts, no seatbelt fastened = no start car.... Boy, people would be mad!!!!!!!! :) I can see the complaints now!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Chiming in a bit late here, but for someone like me that works in construction often getting in and out of the car in miles/km's of closures where nothing is going over 5km/hr - that bell is really annoying.

I'll have to look that up to turn it off for the next construction season.

·
Registered
656 Posts
hi. i love my seat belt.. and i value my safety.. but i really dont need to wear it just to ride down the street to the store.. This alarm is killing me smalls!!

so id appreciate it if someone can tel me how to disconnect the belt alarm.. thnx.
Did you find your answer in the manual? That's one of the first things I do when I get a new car is disable the seatbelt chime.

Everyone means well ... but more people do die each year, or at least add to our health costs, by eating fast food and sitting on their ass. I don't feel too bad about turning off a dinger. :rolleyes:

I don't feel comfortable w/o it, but at the same time it irritates the hell out of me to have my car bitch at me if I'm sitting there with the engine running. :fca5278d:

It goes something like: Get in, close door, put on seatbelt, turn key to pwr on, wait for idiot lights to go out, undo seatbelt 3-4 times w/i 10 seconds (making sure the seatbelt light comes on each time), plug in seatbelt, turn off ignition and pull key. you should get a beep confirming change. Test it. It took me a couple times to get it right. Blessed peace.

·
Super Moderator
12,585 Posts
I had the instructions for disabling but somehow could not get it right.
The poster has done this for me and blessed peace. I have the idiot light to remind me without harrassment.

BUT my EVIC options screen has gone. No biggie as I had everything configured, but over in Foreinland I might want range to refill in Clicks. Could be useful to switch the units sometime.

Is this related to disbling the chimes ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whether or not anyone wears a seat belt is between the driver and the law. The question is how to disable the alarm. I want to wire out the sensor, especially on the passenger seat, since I currently have it removed for greater capacity. I wear a seat belt without flashing lights or alarms - there are just too many cops to take a chance. Is there a known way to jumper the connector under the seat so we don't have to have this nanny thing annoying us?

·
Super Moderator
12,585 Posts
The question is how to disable the alarm. I want to wire out the sensor, especially on the passenger seat, since I currently have it removed for greater capacity. I wear a seat belt without flashing lights or alarms - there are just too many cops to take a chance. Is there a known way to jumper the connector under the seat so we don't have to have this nanny thing annoying us?
The alarm can be turned off as per your operator handbook. The light does not flash, if the display bothers you cover it with black tape. Why make life harder?

·
Registered
3 Posts
And you call yourself a CaliberHacker? Pshaw! 😁

I was hoping for a hardware fix, not the standard jumping through software hoops. It should be simple to simply bypass the switch/sensor so that it looks like the belt is always buckled. That would also put out the lights on the dash. In the better old days, there were just a pair of wires and a contact closure. Fixing it this way is permanent if it can be done. Most likely, the wires can be buzzed out and handled that way, but with the software trying to anticipate, it's less obvious. I'd just wondered if anyone had done that already.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts