Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Caliber Express, 2.0L, naturally aspirated, 5spd, fwd
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to actually create an account for Caliber Forumz, I have been here a few times for answers to fix my 2011 Caliber: Express. It is still stock, No mods. I did have the alarm professionally removed after giving my battery draining issues. I would love to upgrade the radio to a double din touch screen with Bluetooth or CarPlay. I have also thought of doing some engine mods to make go faster, but don’t know if it’s worth the money, and trouble. My car is pretty liable for a commuter car. I’m a fan of Hoonigan so I do try to Hoon around in it occasionally. Anyway, that’s me and my caliber in a nutshell.
Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Steering part

Car Wheel Vehicle Daytime Tire

Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
12,585 Posts

Doing anything is not 'worth the money' in terms of adding value or being able to get it back.
Engine mods on a CVT are not advised. 'Go faster' unlikely. Lose weight is better, empty car and half tank.
Trouble is not using a CANBUS headunit, get an Android already compatible.
Worth it - if you have a phone less than three years old then you will understand tech ages quickly.

Car Motor vehicle Gear shift Plant Steering wheel

Font Technology Electric blue Electronic device Display device

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
“Engine mods on a CVT are not advised” what does CVT stand for? So adding a turbo to the 2.0L engine is not doable? Or doing an engine swap from the 2.0 to the 2.4 with ecu to match wouldn’t give me more horsepower?

·
Registered
434 Posts
CVT: constant variable transmission. It's like ones on a scooter - no gears.

This type of transmission is labeled weak by many, although mine seems good enough. If they break, might as well just buy another car.

The car's computer controls torque versus engine RPM, so trying to add anything for performance will be a fight against the computer, and stressing the CVT.

CaliberGuy could probably elaborate more on his adventures. 😆

·
Registered
320 Posts
It looks like you have the manual transmission. So you should not have to worry about that unless you have a automatic. I have no experience with the auto transmission.

It is an adventure that is for sure. I am still learning alot about this car. You have to be committed lol.

I saved my caliber as it was getting sent to the junkyard. I turned it into my little fun project car to tinker with and post my results here in case anyone is interested. = )

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a manual transmission which is cool cause I have control over changing gears. I also consider myself lucky cause I’ve known a few people with automatic calibers and they have issues; however, my caliber is a reliable commuter car, but I just want to enjoy my commute a little more. I wanna hear the 158HP going to work, so I can imagine just for a minute that I’m driving a rally car. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
12,585 Posts
The 2.4 (more hp) came with the 5 speed manual box so your idea should work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts