Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay allow yourself at least three hours for this... to go from start to finish

okay first make sure you have everything!
Then DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next take out the drivers side fender liner... also i would HIGHLY recommend you just take the freakin tire off! unless you want it in the way all the time!

Now if you look in the wheel well towards the passenger compartment you'll see this bad boy.. Pull the grommet out towards you.

This gap is between the outter fender and the inner fender... as viewed from under the hood... its a pretty big gap, plenty of room for 4ga wire...

This is just a tip... to crimp big wire connectors i use a vise...

Now go inside the car and pull the trim from the kick panel all the way back! Some genius decided to interlink everything so if you want one part out you pretty much have to pull it all anyway....

Okay now run your wire through the gap pictured above then through the grommet, this is incredibly difficult (it took nearly 30min just to get through the thing)especially with the damn tire in the way! once its through pull some length through then feed it into the passenger compartment. now push the grommet back into the car..

This is where the wire comes in the car... mid way up the body behind the kick panel.. and it can be a bit tough to get your hands on but you'll get it! also theres a lot of foam in the way... it moves easy enough but is kind of a pain..

Then you can put the wheel well liner back in and finish your connections under the hood... NOTE the fuse is not in the holder!

NOTE FOR 1/0ga there is room behind the headlight to get under the wheel well and there is lots to secure the wire to! so you can use this same method just dont go through the gap as i did....

This is my back seat at the moment i have to take the actual backseat out to run the wires the way i want to... so ill have to finish it up tomorrow also you may notice there is no freakin remote wire!!!!!!!!! So i have to redo all of this tomorrow with the remote wire... stupid stupid Justin!!!!!!

And thats all there really is to it... just put all the trim back in place and be sure the wire is secure... there is lots of room to run it under the trim and its also easy to get under the carpet aswell...

Ill finish things up tomorrow with the wiring then we can learn to build a slot ported box together :)

also if anyone could get me a diagram of the fuse box that would be great! i never got an owners manual... so i dont know what any of the fuses are....

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how are you running the wire to the back, under the side of the backseat or middle?

J/w

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the side of the rear seat and from what i could see with a quick look i dont know if i can get the big rear trim panel off with the back seat in... i had planned to run under that panel then come up and out between the back of the rear seat and the cargo floor... ill look into more tomorrow as this is a work in progress and i only get a bout 3hrs a night to go at it... and i cant just come out at the end of the panels i have pulled already... with out cutting an exit hole in the trim pieces... the big side panel for the rear already has a neat little 1"x1" hole in it in a place you cant see with the seat backs up. so thats were im planning to make my escape..

·
Registered
535 Posts
Wow man you are a life saver! GENIOUS! haha I will be much more confident to do it myself now.

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
Nice work justin!!! rep points for that.;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
So, jopsyko, are you running the remote wire to the fuse box? I may have misunderstood you. When I ran the wires in my old truck I spliced into the power wire for the head unit. This may be way too difficult in the caliber. I haven't found out yet, but that is my plan at this point.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You may get ground loop noise if you tap the lighter directly though, it may be best to use a relay with the lighter as your trigger.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Think I'm going to run all my wires under the car to the sparetire area and put in a 2nd battery to power all my amps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm new to all this **** TBH so i am clueless but just thought a 2nd battery would be the way to go and avoid all the pain in the ass crap.

i hope one day to have my caliber in the ropes and photos taken of it, but for now i am just looking 2 turn a few heads and make me feel good :)

i will upgrade my electrical system but the 2nd battery should deal with the 5-6 amps ill be hooking up :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
again all i am still working this all out and have no idea what I am doing really?
This is all new to me?

give me a bail jumper and I’m good gang activity and drugs, I’ll deal with it.
i have not put money into a rod since my old Duster days back in the 80's that and my Nova SS.

I was thinking
I would daisy chain all the amps to drive everything.

I know I really don’t need to install everything I have that would be over kill.

I am still talking to people whom actually know about all this :)

We will see what comes of this all.

I have 6 amps total
8 10”
4 12”
4 sets of 6X9’s
4 8”
And 2 15”s

Lmfao

I am currently looking for someone to do all my lighting?
Neon under carriage and interior.

I need a good sound person as well that knows what they are talking about and doing!
I have cash and don’t mind paying for the right person to do it all, so if anyone is in MD and knows his/her **** contact me! ASAP I am dying to get this started!

443 567-9465 I don’t pickup unknown #’s as I track criminals most of the day, leave a message and I’ll get back to you!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts