Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the document, "The dealers receiving the Rapid Response Transmittal
Service Action are the “Ship To” dealers and the VIN’s listed are specific​
to their dealership

Since my "ship to" dealer no longer turns the lights on, and I haven't received any service elsewhere, how will anyone, dealership, Chrysler, or other entity know to contact me?

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
According to the document, "The dealers receiving the Rapid Response Transmittal
Service Action are the “Ship To” dealers and the VIN’s listed are specific​
to their dealership

Since my "ship to" dealer no longer turns the lights on, and I haven't received any service elsewhere, how will anyone, dealership, Chrysler, or other entity know to contact me?
RRTs and TSBs are not like Recalls. A recall requires Chrysler to contact the present owner of the car by any means, including license registration. RRTs and TSBs only apply if an owner brings the car to the dealer complaining of the issue described.

So unless you are experiencing an issue with your rear suspension, then you have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Service Action are the “Ship To” dealers and the VIN’s listed are specific
to their dealership.

I would contact Chrysler, direct, and make sure they have your up-dated info!

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
I would contact Chrysler, direct, and make sure they have your up-dated info!
The info about your car and everything that has ever been done to it is in a computer database that all dealers have access to just by entering your VIN. This isn't the old days. Everything about your car is just a keyboard away.;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
The info about your car and everything that has ever been done to it is in a computer database that all dealers have access to just by entering your VIN. This isn't the old days. Everything about your car is just a keyboard away.;)
Yes, we all relize this.
BUT, is still nice to talk to a REAL person, to let them know what is going on and they can help you better then trying to talk to a computer.
I would still give them a call, just for peace-of-mind.

Just my 2 cents.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
Yes, we all relize this.
BUT, is still nice to talk to a REAL person, to let them know what is going on and they can help you better then trying to talk to a computer.
I would still give them a call, just for peace-of-mind.

Just my 2 cents.
It's the dealer that has access to the Dodge database. I know for a fact the answer you get from the head office is, "Don't worry, all the info for your car is in a main database that all the dealers have access to. No matter where in the country you are, whether having moved or on a trip, they know everything about your car."

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Just as an FYI - If your car is covered by a Chrysler warranty - ANY Chrysler dealer is required to service it under warranty - says so int the owner's info pachage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts