Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i replaced my rear stock speakers with some JVC 285 wattspeakers, took me around 20 mins to do, cost me £31/$62 delivered for the 2, just too replace the front now, here's some pics of them fitted..:smileup:

stock speakers..

new JVC speakers...

·
Registered
645 Posts
Look Great. Bet they'll sound awesome.

Reactions: Brendy

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bpranney, they do sound much better than the stock speakers..

·
Registered
908 Posts
Looks good. Did you replace the factory wiring or did you just clip the ends and put on new connectors.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
BRENDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, whats the deal with those speaker covers you have there? on the back doors? or is that just stock with a trim ring? either way baaaaad assssss!, and if you havnt yet i cant express enough the benefits of an aftermarket head unit! it will with out a doubt offer the largest sound improvement!

·
Registered
186 Posts
dang that's coolio!! :D

how'd you take off just the speaker cover part? do you have to like get in between the main panel and the speaker part and just pop it out?

and what size are the speakers? i was thinking 6x9, but i might be wrong.

thanks

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes use something like hard plastic so it does not scratch the speaker cover like i did..
Justin, i have the 6 disc and that works with the Boston speakers so sounds great, i know they are much better as i can here them from the rear better than the stock 2 fronts, i do intend to swap the front speakers next.. the speaker ring covers are plastic stick ons off ebay, the glue on with silicone.. nice touch and come in all stock covers, the black JVC mesh covers that came with the speakers don't fit but who cares as i would not use them any,you can see the jvc thru the stock cover..
Raven,i just clipped the wires and joined the new speaker wires with a connector box..

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes use something like hard plastic so it does not scratch the speaker cover like i did..
Justin, i have the 6 disc and that works with the Boston speakers so sounds great, i know they are much better as i can here them from the rear better than the stock 2 fronts, i do intend to swap the front speakers next.. the speaker ring covers are plastic stick ons off ebay, the glue on with silicone.. nice touch and come in all stock covers, the black JVC mesh covers that came with the speakers don't fit but who cares as i would not use them any,you can see the jvc thru the stock cover..
Raven,i just clipped the wires and joined the new speaker wires with a connector box..

could i get a link to the ebay page you got those rings from? im looking for some red ones. if i can save myself the time and patience of painting them, then i would. thanks

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will PM you later Tony regarding the speaker rings..

Reactions: fugies

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fugies, how did you know that i sing in my caliber, or should that be try too...:naughty:

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Xfactor maybe...:D:D

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
http://www.mrkgroup.net/store2/product_info.php?products_id=410

i found those speaker rings.
im not sure how many come in a set, because if they asking 55 bucks for 2, then that is just insane.

Checked the site mate and it looks like its $55 for one ring. They seem a bit 'DODGEY' too. Look at the following review from their site

I placed my order Tuesday, with order #569. I have sent 4 emails to [email protected] and still have not received a response from MRK Group about my order. I pleased ask for a shipping tracking # or information when my order will be shipped since I needed my order fulfilled in a timely fashion.

I have also called MRK Group, phone # and always get an answerering machine. This seems to be a one person run business through my eyes.

I sent my payment via a credit card through paypal.

I hope Mrk group reads as least these reviews since they don't read customers emails that are sent.

I hope a do receive an return email from MRK Group and that my item ships out soon.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fugies, if you made a order then they will be here pretty quick, left you a post on your profile..

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Today i added some new tweeters i got of ebay, they are 80 watt and have in built crossovers, and are very small, but the sound difference it fantastic, what i did was soldered them to the stock front speakers and threaded the wire through the door so the wires are totaly hidden and then used 3m tape to stick them to the inside mirror plate.. here's a couple of pics, i don't want to max out my caliber with big bass speakers, just want a nice better crystal sound.. the speekers cost me £5.50/$11 delivered.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts