Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found these Luminics bulbs on the web, and decided to give them a shot. They are not cheap, it cost almost $150 for all four.:wow: I got the Titanium bulbs for the headlights, and the Krypton Titaniums for the fogs. So far I like what I see, but driving at night will be a good test. Since it was my second time around swapping the headlights out, it went much easier this time. Here are a few pics I took.

Headlight bulbs; Luminics on the left, Silverstar on the right

Foglight bulbs; Silverstar on the left, Luminics on the right.

Side by side comparison; Luminics on the left, Silverstar on the right.

Luminics bulbs

Silverstar bulbs

Luminics bulbs both sides

You can see that the Luminics bulbs have a more blue color, I'm curious at night what they will look like. I'll take some night shots as soon as I can of how the Nokya's look.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Glenn, you can see the difference clearly, great pics of your R/T, we don't see enough of your fantastic Caliber R/T.. more please..
oh and i spot rain, so we are not the only ones with lots of rain..

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Looks like a big difference in the daytime. I can't wait to see the night pics. Kudos for the pictures.

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glenn, you can see the difference clearly, great pics of your R/T, we don't see enough of your fantastic Caliber R/T.. more please..
oh and i spot rain, so we are not the only ones with lots of rain..
I only post pics of my car when I change something, so it was time for a change.;)

Actually we could use some rain, my grass needs it, and it only rained for a few minutes before I finished replacing the bulbs.:eek:

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Looks like a big difference in the daytime. I can't wait to see the night pics. Kudos for the pictures.
I wonder what the original buls would have looked like next to the Luminics.:confused: Imagine that difference!!!:wow:

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here's some night shots, but just as I figured the straight on shots don't show much of a difference, although the reflection on my garage does.:D

Luminics on the left, Silverstar on the right.

Silverstar on the left, Luminics on the right.

I like what I see so far, hopefully they'll last a while.

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
I'll be interested in the life of these bulbs. The trade off is usually a much shorter life. Thanks for being a guinea pig!;)

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
My apologies!! the bulbs are made by Luminics, not Nokya.:eek: ;)

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be interested in the life of these bulbs. The trade off is usually a much shorter life. Thanks for being a guinea pig!;)

I replaced my bulbs because one of my Silverstar fog lights blew out. I think I had those in for quite a while now, I'm hoping to get at least a year or two out of these.:eek: I don't mind being the guinea pig.;)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Where did you buy those headlights? Def what I've been looking for for a long time

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
939 Posts
Nice improvement, thanks for sharing! I had similar bulbs that I got from JC Whitney and they lasted 8 years in my Caravan. They were still going strong when I traded it. I miss the whiter light.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
where did you pick those up?

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
haha
shh

my computer was having a moment, maby not the compupter, just me.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Now I've been thinking. Are these just a direct replacement for the OEM bulbs? No changing of plugs or anything?

·
Premium Member
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now I've been thinking. Are these just a direct replacement for the OEM bulbs? No changing of plugs or anything?
Just a plain ole' lightbulb swap, nothing more.;)

·
Registered
961 Posts
if they are the stock wattage then they should last, i had the high wattage h13's and h10's and they all blew out fast!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.