Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Why? That is part of the existing satellite radio system.
More importantly - if it doesn't leak in heavy rain - leave it alone "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
i want a shark fin to but i got the regular antenna where u got this one.

There is some dummys out there that looks good but dont work as an antenna. maybe u can just put one of those on this one without loosing signal?

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
how can u make some mods if u have to wait for everything to brake? I say go for it if u think it looks good. If it helps u can think that the design is "broken" without a shark fin :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
http://www.visualgarage.com/Product_FAQ.html

Dont uninstall the other antenna or rewire it. This fits over it and is fully functional if you desire to change it later. You will get the look and style without breaking important parts and causing leaks. Best of both worlds.

Reactions: DKazoroski

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Stillframe - I wasn't saying not to mod a car - just that messing around with something that has a hole through the roof could end up being more trouble than it is worth.

Whitedragon - reps for the find, not my cup of tea, but something that can change the look with little effort and no risk of creating a roof leak.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I just googled shark fin antenna cover

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
DKazoroski - Yeah thats good thinking. A leak and the $ will fly away like a scared bird. :D

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
DKazoroski - Yeah thats good thinking. A leak and the $ will fly away like a scared bird. :D
Yes - almost 33 years as a design engineer has taught me that a "seemingly little thing" can turn into a total disaster if you don't really think it through.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Ruined my idea....:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts