Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Im having an issue where my fobs will not unlock the doors. I thought the battery may be dead in them so I put in a new one and it still doesn't work. The remotes are totally unresponsive. Wont lock, unlock, and panic does not work on either. The car itself has a new battery that was put in last February and the security light is still blinking so I think the car battery still has a charge. I cant open the doors manually with the key as the alarm will go off. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

·
Super Moderator
12,164 Posts
Putting the key in the ignition should shut off the alarm.

It can be the synchronisation issue, read up about the SKREEM and see if that matches.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Use the manual and go to the section on programming additional FOBs. I suspect they have lost themselves due to the running code.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I accidently tripped the alarm before by unlocking the door manually, but the alarm would not shut off when I put the key in the ignition and tried to turn. I had to press the unlock button the fob to disable. my concern is I wont be able to that this time as the remotes are not working.

·
Super Moderator
12,164 Posts
What about the central unlocking button on the door ?

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
I accidently tripped the alarm before by unlocking the door manually, but the alarm would not shut off when I put the key in the ignition and tried to turn. I had to press the unlock button the fob to disable. my concern is I wont be able to that this time as the remotes are not working.
That's why they don't work. Manually unlock the door, start the car (it should kill the alarm), then reprogram the FOBs. If by chance the car either doesn't start, or the alarm doesn't shut off; pop the hood and pull the main IOD fuse. Then pull both battery cables, put the IOD fuse back in and hold both battery cables together for 10 minutes. Then check the FOBs and reprogram if need be.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's why they don't work. Manually unlock the door, start the car (it should kill the alarm), then reprogram the FOBs. If by chance the car either doesn't start, or the alarm doesn't shut off; pop the hood and pull the main IOD fuse. Then pull both battery cables, put the IOD fuse back in and hold both battery cables together for 10 minutes. Then check the FOBs and reprogram if need be.
That worked! Alarm went off but the key did start the car and shut the alarm off with it. I did not reprogram the fobs yet as I dont have the owners manual and not sure how. Why would this even happen?

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
That worked! Alarm went off but the key did start the car and shut the alarm off with it. I did not reprogram the fobs yet as I dont have the owners manual and not sure how. Why would this even happen?
It just does. You can download a copy of the owners manual in the "Manuals" section.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did u ever figure out about the key fobs my keyless entry won't work but I can unlock the door and lock manual with the key and when u hit the buttons on the fob dose nothing replaced the batterys in them and when I hit the panic my lights will flash 2 times and that is it with it

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts