Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just purchased a 2010 Caliber with a 2.0 engine, an automatic transmission and air conditioning. Anyway, when I push the Recirculation button on the Fan speed dial, it blinks 3 times then shuts off. I'm not a mechanic, but I think that's a sign of something wrong (that's a joke btw). Does any one know what needs to be repaired to get this to operate properly. I've searched the Owners Manual, but didn't see mention of this issue. As its still cold in PA, so I haven't used the A/C yet, but the heater seems to work just fine. Thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
There are three blend door actuators in the Caliber's HVAC system, including one that (IIRC) opens/closes the recirculation door above the blower motor. If the actuator has failed or somebody unplugged it to hide the fact that it failed (they click loudly when they go bad), that might account for the 3 blinks.

I have a video on YouTube that explains how to replace this particular door...it's not hard nor expensive:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's awesome. And thanks for the quick reply. Looks super easy....well except for the screws you can see...aside from that easy-peasy....thanks again

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hope you didn't replace anything - your issue is normal.

If you have the selector on floor (12 o'clock position) or any setting clockwise from that point (floor/defrost, defrost), the system will keep the recirc open to bring in fresh air.

Trying to turn on recirc in these settings will give you the blinky light, letting you know that option is not available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts