Dodge Caliber Forum banner

REC Nav Radio in a 2008 Caliber?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  cb3dard 
#1 ·
I apologize if this question has been answered but I have spent a lot of time looking for an answer to no avail. I have a 2008 Caliber SXT and want to install an REC navigation radio. The specs indicate it works in a 2007 Caliber but nothing newer. Is there anyway to install this in a 2008? One forum post said it was possible but gave no more information nor any links. From what I have read the 2008 Calibers use a high speed canbus but the rec unit is a low speed canbus. However, I've also read that the RER radios come in high and low speed but the lowspeed ones are still compatible in a high speed vehicle (only the reverse is not possible).

Thanks in advance for the help, it is much appreciated. :smiley_thumbs_up:

#8 ·
Thanks for all the info guys - Just ordered one on ebay for only $225, shipping included! Radio, bezel, antenna and DVD disk cost me less than $350! The screen has a small scratch on it, but I don't care at that price. Will post some pics once I have it installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.