Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a quote from the dealer telling me I needed RT outer tie rod ends (replaced once already on warranty), both rear lateral links, and both rear toe links (replaced twice already, once on warranty). This seems a bit much for a 2007 car. I have question the service manager and he kept telling me about how bad the roads in our city are. i took the car to another mechanic who agreed with other work also quoted by the dealer but the 3 things mentioned here. There is 105 00km on the car so it is well driven but I have a hard time believing the same things are always needing to be replaced.
Is there a known problem of this sort with the 07 sxt or should I be questioning my service manager more closely on these items? i am not a very car savy person and appreciate and thoughts or insight to these recurring problems.

Thank you!

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
You should go to an independent shop (like the other mechanic) to get the work done, since your car is out of warranty. The independents normally use aftermarket parts, which are generally a higher quality than the OEM parts.
As an added bonus, many aftermarket parts have a "limited lifetime warranty".

·
Super Moderator
12,142 Posts
I have replaced my rear link at 30k mi so yes.
The suspension bushings on this car are poor quality.

Reactions: Prop1

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey
solved all of my problems by replacing the rear lateral links, i do all the work myself and since you live in the USA, they are only 20 bucks each on ebay, 137 each here in canada. Although the suspension in the 07 is poor to say the least, the bushings on most components can be passed or failed, visually or by wiggling them, excessive or sometimes even the play your hand can cause indicates failure, if they are centered in their respective slot or space on the actual bushing, chances are they are good, if off center they are bad, download the service manual and pop the wheel off and find the components they say are bad and check them yourself, it is really quite apparent when you know what to look for, saves you a bundle, and given most suspension components are only 2 or 3 bolts they are easy to fix your self and then drive it over to get an alignment, alot less than labour, parts, and alignments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts