Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a step by step on changing the rear drums brakes for an 07 Caliber. I would really appreicate the help.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Nope. Nothings been done so far, but you're welcome to do a DIY for the knowledge Base.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Why would a 07's rear brake drums need to be changed? are theyworn, locking up, or do you wanna swap to disc?

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
I guess they'd be pretty much like changing the rear shoes on any other Mopar. Just do one side at a time in case you get stuck and don't remember where something goes. And DON'T get in and put your foot on the brake pedal without putting the drum back on first. I had a friend do that years ago with an old Mustang he had and he couldn't figure out why the wheel cylinder kept blowing out the pistons on it!! I laughed so hard I almost cried when I saw what he was doing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would recommend bring it to someone who knows what there doing, a shop or a friend, with all the springs and adjusters and stuff, you have to know how to set up the brakes up so they apply evenly and what not. I don't suggest messing around with brakes.
Just my opinion......

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I would recommend bring it to someone who knows what there doing, a shop or a friend, with all the springs and adjusters and stuff, you have to know how to set up the brakes up so they apply evenly and what not. I don't suggest messing around with brakes.
Just my opinion......
Word!:smileup::smileup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts