Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing weird issues with my CRD like EGR errors and overboost errors on the ECU.

the brakes have been acting randomly also.

I was looking around the EGR valve and noticed there is a spare vacuum pipe not going anywhere just sucking nothing.

I've put a screw in it now and everything seems to be working again nicely but i'm concerned... where is it supposed to go?!

I assume the pipe is supposed to go within the shrouding and drop behind the EGR. Would some kind person be able to check where it goes on your car pretty please?

Thanks
Christian

Attachments

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I am afraid you ill have to wait for Alek who lives in the UK
and drives a Caliber CRD to answer your query.

·
Super Moderator
12,348 Posts
Got your message. I'll have a look in daylight.
I replaced my EGR and still have the error.

·
Super Moderator
12,348 Posts
I was looking around the EGR valve and noticed there is a spare vacuum pipe not going anywhere just sucking nothing.

I've put a screw in it now and everything seems to be working again nicely but i'm concerned... where is it supposed to go?!

I assume the pipe is supposed to go within the shrouding and drop behind the EGR. Would some kind person be able to check where it goes on your car pretty please?
Christian,

The black pipe does go within the shroud then drops down deep.
Could not see the connection from above. You will have to take off the sump tray and look around from underneath to see the likely point. Suspect a technician pulled it aside when working on the top and left it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for checking, at least now I know where to focus on. I will jack the car up tomorrow and remove the under tray for a look

·
Super Moderator
12,348 Posts
I could not get a clear photo, but it attaches from the top.
You can reach it from the RHS there is a nipple directly in line with the EGR.

Vacuum lines are held on by VACUUM! They just push on, no clips or such.
I pulled on mine to see where it went and immediately heard the whoosh of vacuum release as it came off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts