Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a 2007 awd caliber, i loved the car, my husband hates it. I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but we just replaced the alternator car was fine a couple days but the check engine light was on. But it ran fine, i drove it to work ahut it off and my horn starts going off, in random short beeps. I started it back up shut it off. It was fine.. then on my way home the heater blower stopped working periodically, my wipers started going on and off. Then when my heater blower would come on there started being a really loud sound, like an antenna trying to raise up. By the time i made it home, **** it off there was a clicking sound coming from the passenger floor board area.. the next day the wipers, heater basically didnt work at all, neither woukd the heated seats unless the heater kicked on..
We tried doing a reset by holding the battery cabkes together but it didnt help. Tried doing an obd read on it but it showed nothing. And now it wont start at all..

PLEASE HELP.

·
Super Moderator
12,161 Posts
Wiring loom could be worn through insulation and disturbed by work.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Not sure where you live but with Chrysler products the grounding points for electrical circuits are prone to failure with age due to corrosion. There are two right next to the battery on the inside of the fender...the one towards the front has at least 12 circuits grounding there, with the one towards the back being the grounding point for the battery itself. Check those to make sure they're not loose or damaged.

There's also one in front of the coolant reservoir bottle, down towards the serpentine belt. It's not the grounding point for the various devices you're having issues with but since it's fairly near the alternator, give it a look as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts