Dodge Caliber Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Glenn, i meant i have been using them since i got my caliber, i change them every 12 months like normal, and yes these are such an improvement on the standard sprung wiper blade, i wouldn't use any other type now..

·
Super Moderator
12,139 Posts
At the present moment, they don't make a flat blade small enough to fit for the rear wiper. I would like to get one if they do.
a company that makes the flat blade? There is no way to find it on that link you posted.
Glen looks like not stocked in US so mail order is the way to go. They are made in Japan, Taiwan and China. I saw them as a standard shelf item in our largest market - Tesco.

eBay example MTEC Cross-Platform™ single 12" flat wiper blade MT-601

·
Registered
54 Posts
you have to get the rain x washer fluid. it reapplys it every time you push the button

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have found that the washer additive doesn't work as well as the direct application of Rainx to the windows. It doesn't take that long and does the best job IMHO.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The way some of the flat blades are designed, I don't see it a problem of taking a 16" (shortest I've seen so far) and cutting off 2" off each end. I know I trimmed one once without it ruining the blade.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Reasearch states that the British are the best drivers in Europe but the worst at changing their wiper blades. We tend to change them when they dont work anymore, whereas the Germans change them every 6 months!!

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
you have to get the rain x washer fluid. it reapplys it every time you push the button
I have found that the washer additive doesn't work as well as the direct application of Rainx to the windows. It doesn't take that long and does the best job IMHO.

I apply the regular Rain-X once a year, use the winshield washer fluid to keep it going, as well as the Rain-X 2 in one glass cleaner. It's a great combination, trust me, my visibility is as good as it gets.

http://www.rainx.com/Products/Windshield_Treatment/Cleaner.aspx

http://www.rainx.com/Products/Windshield_Washer_Fluids/De-Icer_Bug_Remover.aspx

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just stopped by the site since my passenger side blade is starting to be a nuisance and they have a free Visibility Pack (glass cleaner, treatment, and microfiber towel). Have to buy two blades though....so we change them in pairs, right? ;)

·
Registered
939 Posts
OK. Geez! I don't get even a month per application of Rainx. For some reason it doesn't seem to work as well on the Caliber windshield as it did on my old Caravan. I know there's no logic to that, but it seems that way... Maybe it's the angle....

·
Registered
54 Posts
picked up some "latitudes" today. they didnt have 16" in stock but the 17" works fine.

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I just stopped by the site since my passenger side blade is starting to be a nuisance and they have a free Visibility Pack (glass cleaner, treatment, and microfiber towel). Have to buy two blades though....so we change them in pairs, right? ;)
I would, just like headlights, always do them in pairs.

·
Super Moderator
12,139 Posts
Reasearch states that the British are the best drivers in Europe but the worst at changing their wiper blades. We tend to change them when they dont work anymore, whereas the Germans change them every 6 months!!
I DID read the Industry Research Paper :eek: when looking for the flat rear.

Apparently the AVERAGE time between changing wipers in the US is 2.5 years and in EU 1.5 years ! My guess is that US often use the Winter blades which extends the average life for the regular season ones.

The silicon blades have a life 3 to 4 times longer than rubber which is how Tripledge are able to give a life-time warranty (life being duration of vehicle ownership).

(and agree the British only change their blades when fail inspection - smear or torn. "If it works don't fix it"
As for best drivers c'mon, how? No retests, worst drinking level, basic test... maybe lowest fatal accidents per vehicle kilometre as the roads are so crowded and speeds so low.)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Wait, headlights in pairs too?? That's just crazy talk!! ;)

I bought bulbs three years ago and six months later one burned out. Why change both? lol

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
IMHO the old bulb would not be as bright as the new one and would thus make night driving a bad experience for you and for the oncoming traffic.

:D
That's one reason Gaston, but why not be proactive? If you didn't change the other one, it might blow out a short time later.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I know we're talking about wipers, but call me crazy....do you think that OEM bulbs last longer than after market bulbs so the bulb companies make more off of the consumer??

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I know we're talking about wipers, but call me crazy....do you think that OEM bulbs last longer than after market bulbs so the bulb companies make more off of the consumer??
Hijacker!!!! LOL! I don't think so, maybe on a cheaper brand. I always say, you get what you pay for.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts