Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i raced my buddy in his 03 GT mustang automatic. i was only behind by about 2-3 car lengths. i figured more... kinda surprised me. and i launched it kinda bad. it bogged down after a quick tire peel.

nobody on the road in a rural area of town. still shouldnt have done it... but it was a perfect opportunity.. didnt go there to race... we just hit a light at the same time with nobody else around.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
As long as you were safe and nobody else around, thats the main point Joshwa,
next time a photo of your friends car along side yours..:D

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Cheat for the photo however by parking your car 6 inches ahead of his.

·
Registered
821 Posts
2-3 car lengths sound like 3-4 mods and u'll have em

·
Registered
604 Posts
Am I the only one who believe that there is no such thing as a safe illegal street race? The only place racing should be taking place is on a 1/4 mile drag strip.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Am I the only one who believe that there is no such thing as a safe illegal street race? The only place racing should be taking place is on a 1/4 mile drag strip.
your not the only one.

but your also not the only one who is preaching something that they themselves has probably done at some time in there life.

·
Banned
2,051 Posts

everyone knows drag racers are terrible drivers.. anyone can deal with a straight line.

next time they close of streets for a marathon or sumthin tho, bust thru the barricades and run the circuit...Road Course baby:BL:

illegal or not, who cares? half the people on this forum do something illegal with their cars everyday(passin on the right, not stopping at stop signs long enuff, etc.)... if you always followed the rules, im sure you would see a much different world out there when it came to driving.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I'll admit to doing some illegal stuff whilst driving, but I don't anymore. I'm very careful. I lost a leg, and nearly my life to a careless driver who wasn't racing, just pulled out of a parking lot without looking.

When you're bleeding to death in the street it puts a different paint job on the business of driving.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When you're bleeding to death in the street it puts a different paint job on the business of driving.

glad your around to tell the story... wow, thats nuts.

still gonna street race from time to time. im not doing fast and the furious stuff... and im not exceeding 60-70mph... it was a 55 zone i was in.

·
Dodge Caliber Forums
1,295 Posts
Joshwa...How many street racers stood before the judge with excuses? How would your excuses stand up before judges? How many years of prison can you get for killing people while street racing...specially with excuses?

·
Registered
604 Posts
your not the only one.

but your also not the only one who is preaching something that they themselves has probably done at some time in there life.
I am 24, and never once have I ever been involved in an illegal race, or anything illegal in that regard besides going 10km over the limit which is more so in keeping with the flow of traffic. I have only ever gotten a single speeding ticket, and I wish to keep it that way.

everyone knows drag racers are terrible drivers.. anyone can deal with a straight line.

next time they close of streets for a marathon or sumthin tho, bust thru the barricades and run the circuit...Road Course baby:BL:

illegal or not, who cares? half the people on this forum do something illegal with their cars everyday(passin on the right, not stopping at stop signs long enuff, etc.)... if you always followed the rules, im sure you would see a much different world out there when it came to driving.
Who cares? How about those who are killed are disabled by illegal actions? And you are comparing illegal street racing to traffic violations you made reference to, and believe me, it drives me nuts when I see other drivers commit those violations.

Maybe it is just me, maybe it is the fact that I grew up racing dirt bikes and was taught early on that such an activity is to only be done with the proper equipment in the proper environment to ensure that the only ones who can possibly be hurt are those who are taking part, along with medical staff on hand.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i mean seriously guys... i wasnt going the speed of light. we drive dodge calibers and we all know they are not fast cars. and there was nobody else that could have gotten hurt..... there wasnt a car in sight.

end post...

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
in my opinion it depends greatly on who is behind the wheel-- everyone thinks theyre a good driver. but few are. being a good driver includes judgement, which i think joshwa has shown- and theres more to being a good driver than being cautious.

i've seen plenty of innocent bystanders and non-competitiors hurt at the track... and youre not the only one here who grew up racing, but if you had as many miles and license classifications as i do, you earn a little slack.

·
Registered
604 Posts
i mean seriously guys... i wasnt going the speed of light. we drive dodge calibers and we all know they are not fast cars. and there was nobody else that could have gotten hurt..... there wasnt a car in sight.

end post...
While I know the Caliber is not a speeding bullet, you can get up to speeds that do pose a danger to everybody. You say there were no cars, but what about pedestrians? You can not tell me you searched the streets before hand to ensure there was absolutely NOBODY in the area that could have very easily been "at the wrong place at the wrong time" if something should have gone wrong. It does not take much to hit a pothole, blow a tire, and loose control. It is more than simply others at risk, it is yourself as well. Thanks to people like you, my insurance premiums are high, all in the name of "having fun" eh?

in my opinion it depends greatly on who is behind the wheel-- everyone thinks theyre a good driver. but few are. being a good driver includes judgement, which i think joshwa has shown- and theres more to being a good driver than being cautious.

i've seen plenty of innocent bystanders and non-competitiors hurt at the track... and youre not the only one here who grew up racing, but if you had as many miles and license classifications as i do, you earn a little slack.
Are you going to explain that to a judge when you get pulled over or worse yet involved in a street racing related accident? Are you going to accept such a statement if god forbid you or a loved one is injured or killed due to a street racer?

NOBODY earns slack to gain the right to race on public streets.

Come on JOJO, we live in a province that has STRICT laws against "street racers" you get your car impounded, no questions asked, your licence is suspended for a week if you are caught I believe going 50km above the speed limit. You are automatically deemed to be a street racer no matter if you are or if you are just alone being stupid and going fast.

A few months ago an older man went to the media complaining about his ticket, suspension and impounding of the vehicle demanding that the police/justice system use a little judgement as he was 60 and should not be falling under the category of a "street racer", maybe you would like to make the same argument due to your driving classifications as well?

if you want to race, find a place to do it legally, do not put yourself and others at risk by doing it on public streets.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I won't comment on street racing, I've done my share, although it was generaly late at night on a very deserted road many many years ago. Think about the trip to Paradice Road in American Grafitti.
The comment about being a "good driver" put me in mind of something a friend of mine's kid said recently, while talking about street racing,
"I'm a really good driver, I play video games..." :4-looney:
I'd like to put THAT on a t-shirt!
End transmission.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What I cant stand is people who drive slow in the left hand lane. you talk about causing accidents sheesh those people need to be held accountable, the way they force people to swerve around them its completely insane. Also dont we all knw tracks of highway or roads were trying out our 0-60 times would be completly safe. what I am suggesting is we need to get off the morale high road until we know for sure that the guy was racing through an elementary school zone as school was being let out.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts