Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-

Took the Caliber into the dealership yesterday to check out the front suspension (they're replacing the rack & pinion under warranty next week), and they applied a new TSB for 2011 Caliber and Jeep Compass. This TSB improves CVT2 performance. Am very happy with the results. Launch from full stop is much improved, overall throttle response seems better, and (though it might be too early to tell) gas mileage seems a bit improved. I have a 25 mile (round trip) commute to work so gas usage is easily visible for me, didn't seem to use as much as normal. Will continue monitoring for a few tanks to see if there's any real improvement.

Can an admin move this thread to the 2011 model year TSB section?

NUMBER: 21-010-11
GROUP: Transmission and
Transfer Case
DATE: October 26, 2011
SUBJECT:
Flash: Driveability and Transmission Performance Improvements
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control
Module (PCM) and Transmission Control Module (TCM) with new software.
NOTE: Both the PCM and TCM must be reprogrammed for these changes to be
implemented.
MODELS:
2011 (MK) Compass/Patriot
2011 (PM) Caliber
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 2.0L or 2.4L (sales code ECN
or ED3) equipped with an automatic transmission (sales code DAV).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may experience any of the following:
I. Overall improved acceleration and responsiveness to throttle input.
II. Improved highway speed throttle pedal responsiveness and passing acceleration.
III. Reduce engine RPM’s while accelerating at highway speeds.
IV. Deceleration bump felt between speeds of 20 - 25 MPH (32 - 40 KPH).
V. Less throttle pedal effort necessary to maintain a constant highway speed.
VI. RPM hangs (HI RPM) after a normal acceleration followed by the driver reducing the
throttle input.
Updating the PCM and TCM software will correct the conditions listed above.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a question for you after reading your thread, how would I go about doing this? Would it be something I wouldn't have to pay for at the dealership? I have the exact same 2011 mainstreet as you. I am not sure if I could call the dealership and ask them if they can update the PCM and TCM software on my car or if they will think i'm crazy! :Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
I have a question for you after reading your thread, how would I go about doing this? Would it be something I wouldn't have to pay for at the dealership? I have the exact same 2011 mainstreet as you. I am not sure if I could call the dealership and ask them if they can update the PCM and TCM software on my car or if they will think i'm crazy! :Na_Na_Na_Na:
If you have the problem and you are under warranty, the dealer hast to do the update.

·
Registered
82 Posts
so i should say its doing one (or more) of the 6 things mentioned above and play dumb about knowing the existence of this document? i guess i don't know the procedure or difference between this and a recall

·
The Organizer
15,005 Posts
so i should say its doing one (or more) of the 6 things mentioned above and play dumb about knowing the existence of this document? i guess i don't know the procedure or difference between this and a recall
Recalls are safety related and last the life of the car and always on the maker's dime. TSB only apply to some cars and only if the problem exists. I always print a copy of the TSB so they can't lie out of it.

Just a note: this thread was suppose to be closed so it couldn't have post added. Staff has been alerted and it should be closed after you answer this post and all these additional posts will be deleted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.