Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue with the Power Window Motor not receiving power. Yesterday, my rear passenger window would not roll up. So naturally, I assumed it was probably either knocked off track or the motor was burnt out. After taking off the door panel (what a chore that was!) I reached the motor. I used my electric meter to see if any power was even reaching the motor and it wasnt. So, to test this even further, I took the panel off the driver side rear door and ran a trip wire from that male plug to the window motor on the "broken" side and sure enough, it worked when I tried to roll it up.

So either, both switches (Driver and rear passenger) are burnt out or something between the switches and the motor isnt working correctly.

ANy advice!?!?

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
According to the service manual (a link to a free copy is found at the top of this section) the motors and regulators get their ground through the switches. 12 volts is always there. The first thing to do would be to download the manual. Short of that, check to make sure the 12 volts is at the motor and regulator, then verify that the switch is completing the ground path. You might also try the jumper thing you did back to the other rear window to see if the issue transfers to the known good door.

·
Super Moderator
12,194 Posts
ANy advice!?!?
Use the search feature. I have not had the problem (yet) but I have read other's experiences and solutions on here.
One I believe fixed with a replacement Driver door switch.

http://www.caliberforumz.com/showpost.php?p=163540&postcount=8
Thanks for the people trying to help, once I took the door panel off and started trouble shooting, I found that the drivers side window switches are the power supply to all the windows. The passenger window switch on the drivers armrest had failed and would not allow power to the window switch on the passenger door or the window motor itself. Once I replaced the main window switches on the drivers door, the passenger window worked fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts