Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2009 dodge caliber sxt and today I was driving and 3 different times it's like my power steering went out for a few seconds then went back to normal. This has happened once before and that was a few months back but it happened and that was it. I'm know I'm not low on power steering fluid. I'm really not sure what's going on. Also I'm not sure of this is related but I took my car into a mechanic and the told me i needed a new serpentine belt and and alternator clutch pully. But they didn't tell my I needed new motor mounts. We aren't hearing noise for the clutch pully but I wasn't sure if that going back could cause problems to my power steering.

·
Registered
572 Posts
The power steering pump is driven off of the serpentine belt. If you're not hearing any belt squealing under the hood then replacing it probably isn't going to resolve your problem.

You say you're not low on the fluid, but have you ever had the fluid changed? Dirty power steering fluid can ultimately cause excessive wear on the pump and/or steering rack and cause a failure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts