Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently purchased an 07 caliber sxt. The power locks will not work with fob. They do work when the car is on by using door switches. Same with the dome light only works when the car is on. The headlights come on and blinkers flash when I press the unlock button on the fob. the panic works as well the lock button gives no response. It also says no fuse on dash. I checked the 2 fuses in the yellow clip they appeared to be fine I swapped them anyway tho. I have replaced the TIPM I found corrosion on the original and 3 pins where completely gone. When I removed the TIPM I noticed some wires had been spliced. The red wire with a black tracer, a smaller red wire with a blue tracer and a red wire with a yellow tracer had been patched. . I traced them to a relay box under the TIPM in the wheel well. I also patched the pink wire with a white tracer in the wheel well It was almost completely severed. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Been driving my self crazy trying to fix this. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
12,256 Posts
There are full wiring diagrams in the workshop manual - file name in sticky threads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Appreciate the reply. Yeah I been going thru them. the red and yellow and red and black are I.o.d. B-. The pink and white wire goes to the canbus ignition switch output. Does the fob communicate with the car thru canbus? Probably a stupid question. I haven’t really ever had to dig in and troubleshoot electrical issues nothing major anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts