·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Interesting.

In Pennsylvania, a car must have a muffler to pass state inspection, but as far as I know, we have no sound level limit.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.calgarysun.com/comment/editorial/2010/06/13/14370896.html

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...rcycle_Noise_100610/20100610/?hub=CalgaryHome

couple other articles

To be honest, people need to lighten up.

Back in my dads day, majority of the cars were loud. My dad even admidted, that he would never care, car guys, bike guys, make there cars different, and an exhaust note is one way.

My neighbour onn the other hand, isn't impressed when I leave, or come home, cause my cars to loud. Its quieter then his truck. So i tell him to shove it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Defensive driving saves lives. Particularly if you are on two wheels and the closest thing you have to an airbag is the pack of smokes in your shirt pocket.
Had a good laugh at that quote hehe.

But I do agree with some of the motorcycles out there, either the sport bikes or the cruisers, some are just way too loud. If your ears are ringing after they pass you by that's probably a good indicator hehe!

I can agree with the Jake Brake thing as well, I couldn't imagine living in a spot and hear that all the time. Don't know how many times I hear a trucker using it on the highway cruising along - and no one else is around! (I'm talking middle of the night here, so no looking way down the road anticipating traffic slowing).

I have a loudish toy car, V8 with 3" pipes out the back. But it's only loud when I tromp on it - which I hardly do as it's my baby hehe. It has a nice rumble to it at idle, and I don't consider it invasive to others as it is just that - a low rumble. Someone with a boombox could cause more disturbance than my car hehe!

As long as they set a "reasonable" level, who knows what that will be as folks differ to what level is reasonable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts