Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I don't like my car's drl. How to Turn Off 2010 Dodge Caliber Daytime Running Lights. Pls Help me

·
Super Moderator
12,384 Posts
That is legally mandated so there is no user over-ride.
Do you have access to a dealer in case they have a disable code?>

Reactions: Orkhan

·
Registered
710 Posts
Depends on the country...DRLs are not federally required in the US but they are in Canada. Laws in OP's country need to be checked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not mandatory in my country. I do not have access to the dealer. can i turn off my daytime running lights with any cable?

·
Super Moderator
12,384 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,384 Posts
I couldn't find where the drl module is. do you have any idea?
Vehicles built for use in Canada, and also available as an option on vehicles for sale in the U.S., are equipped with a Daytime Running Lamp (DRL) system. All the exterior lighting messages come from Steering Control Module (SCM) or left multi-function switch on Local Interconnect Network (LIN) data bus and goes to the Cab Compartment Node (CCN), then the CCN sends out a Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus message to the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) for each lighting function according to the request from left multi-function switch. Then the TIPM will turn ON/OFF the requested output. The DRL function is controlled by TIPM. Daytime running lamps are High beam lamps at lower intensity.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Vehicles built for use in Canada, and also available as an option on vehicles for sale in the U.S., are equipped with a Daytime Running Lamp (DRL) system. All the exterior lighting messages come from Steering Control Module (SCM) or left multi-function switch on Local Interconnect Network (LIN) data bus and goes to the Cab Compartment Node (CCN), then the CCN sends out a Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus message to the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) for each lighting function according to the request from left multi-function switch. Then the TIPM will turn ON/OFF the requested output. The DRL function is controlled by TIPM. Daytime running lamps are High beam lamps at lower intensity.
Ok.
what should i do to turn off the daytime running lights?

·
Super Moderator
12,384 Posts
If you cannot take it to a dealer for reprogramming your only option is to find someone else with their level of tools and access.

·
Super Moderator
12,384 Posts
I have the EVIC but not DRL.

User Handbook re DRLs

Daytime Running Lights (DRL) — If Equipped
Functionality
The high beam lights will come on as Daytime Running Lights (DRL), at DRL intensity (lower), whenever the ignition is on, the engine is running, the headlight switch is off, the parking brake is off, the turn signal is off, and the shift lever is in any position except PARK.

NOTE: On this vehicle, the DRLs will automatically turn off when the turn signals or hazard warning flashers are in operation and automatically turn back on when the turn signals or hazard warning flashers are not operating.

I would not expect later model years to be much different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts