Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have my Dodge Caliber 2008 SXT and the check engine light started to come on, after about weeks of troubleshooting I have found the below parts to be old and worn out. Can you guys please help me identify the following parts so I can order them online and get my car fixed.

This part is connected to the transmission body.

I took this one out of from the water pipe that goes to the motor.

And i took this small hose from underneath the air filter.

If you some of you guys could help as to what the name of these parts are and where I can buy them online, I would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT:

Picture of error codes:

·
Super Moderator
12,348 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thermostat

Yes it looks like it. Thank you!!!😁

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
247 Posts
I was looking around and I think it should be this:
It looks like it. I got my replacement fuel line off of a Caliber in a junk yard. The Caliber shares many parts with the Dodge Avenger, Jeep Compass and Patriot, and the Mitsubishi Lancer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It looks like it. I got my replacement fuel line off of a Caliber in a junk yard. The Caliber shares many parts with the Dodge Avenger, Jeep Compass and Patriot, and the Mitsubishi Lancer.
Thanks a lot man, really useful info, I could take a look around the local junk yard where I live usually I see many mitsubishi cars driving around.

·
Super Moderator
12,348 Posts
See if there is any remnant of the part code on the sticker. Otherwise work out where exactly the connections are and compare it to the online diagrams.
Describe the material and dimensions with a supplier to confirm during ordering.

Maybe Vacuum Harness - Mopar (5105798AB) - Hose, Purge Line, 05105798ab, Hose-Proportional Purge Solenoid

It's only $10 new if wrong.

Item #10 https://dz310nzuyimx0.cloudfront.ne...c8828544/48239ca65154e48227077e0b6291618c.png

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you can't help the guy you shouldn't comment,This is suppose to be a forum to help each other with Issues/Problems that we can DIY are self without the high cost of the dealership taking are money.
LOL!

His check engine light comes on, so now he's pulling random parts off the car.

Doesn't know what a thermostat is.

Removes other random things.

Wants to replace the transmission control/data cable...

Has not shared one single error code.

ThIs will all end in tears, I just know it! 😆

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL!

The car is working "fine" now, I changed the transmission fluid, and did some other things, while working on my car with my mechanic we also noticed the other things that were old and worn out. Like for example the fluid line had crystallized and was very week, so we just replaced and fitted a random hose ( would be better with the original hose, is why Im asking for help what the name is). Also one of this parts which we can see in the first picture the mechanic told me that its barely holding with some thin wires and whenever the car goes over a bump it tends to disconnect and my car immediately loses engine power, its the reason I wanted to replace this also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Out of curiosity. If you do not know what the parts are how did you determine they failed?
Not really sure but going with my gut, they are old and worn out, the thermostat on one side is broken, the gas line was crystallized, the other transmission power cable thing has been worn out by some battery acid that fell because the battery sits right on top (or maybe something else happened 🤷‍♂️ ).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
See if there is any remnant of the part code on the sticker. Otherwise work out where exactly the connections are and compare it to the online diagrams.
Describe the material and dimensions with a supplier to confirm during ordering.

Maybe Vacuum Harness - Mopar (5105798AB) - Hose, Purge Line, 05105798ab, Hose-Proportional Purge Solenoid

It's only $10 new if wrong.

Item #10 https://dz310nzuyimx0.cloudfront.ne...c8828544/48239ca65154e48227077e0b6291618c.png
Thanks alot man, do you by any change know where I can find this information online? are they available on this webiste?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL!

I will try to get the error codes my mechanics scanner shows. If not what is another way I can see the error codes? Is there a debug mode on the car lol ? sorry for dumb question xD

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was looking around and I think it should be this:
That's It.I was looking at a manual I download on line to try to Identify what the part would be call.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts