Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my boyfriend have a 2010 dodge caliber, we just got the transmission fuel serviced but today the car wont go over 25mph with rpms reving really high! I think it might be slippage but hopefully maybe just a sensor? We havent gotten it tested for any codes yet but this just started.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The fluid might still be low, or has a leak, or had the wrong fluid-type installed, or something wasn't sealed.

Did you have it serviced at the dealership?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, this is almost certainly a CVT issue.

If the car is not already at the dealer or shop, don't drive it anymore.

Drive the car very slow to the shop so that you don't damage the CVT. Consider having it towed to the shop.

·
Registered
583 Posts
How many miles are on the car? Aside from the previously mentioned problem potentially being low fluid level or the wrong fluid used, if the old fluid had a lot of miles on it and was really dirty, simply changing the fluid could cause slippage.

Old/dirty fluid has contaminants in it that create friction. If you leave it in there too long, it causes premature wear inside the transmission. By changing the fluid out with clean fluid, that loss of friction in a weak transmission could be enough to cause it to slip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts