Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long story relatively short, My factory cd player in my 2009 Dodge Caliber went out, so I decided to go and buy a cheap radio w/ Bluetooth for the time being, I bought a wire harness adapter and an antenna adapter which were both needed to hook up this radio, I double-checked my connections (from harness adapter to car) and all seems good, however, my radio won't even turn on, it is receiving no power, I checked fuses (In radio and In-car) both are good, I, however, had a spare red wire that came with the head unit, I've been reading everything from an accessory wire to ignition wire, I'm confused on what to hook this up too if anything? As stated before, all the wires are hooked up correctly and there is no red or any wires for that matter coming from the car that this red wire can be hooked up to? But I have no power so I'm thinking this needs to be hooked up somewhere?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Aftermarket radios typically have two power connections....a switched power wire so the radio will power up when the key is on, and a constant power wire so the radio maintains its settings when the key is off.

The radio would have come with a wiring harness that plugs into it and ends with bare wires. You also need a similar harness that plugs into the existing connector in the car and also ends with bare wires. You then connect the matching wires from the two harnesses together using solder or whatnot. It's typically the two powers, a ground, and 8 speaker connections (four pairs of two).

Double-check that you've connected the two wiring harnesses together correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I remember correctly, I think I borrowed some juice from my cigarette lighter for mine. Just use a tester to find the hot wire and then turn the key on to find the remote wire.. could consider running a new wire for the power wire also.

·
Super Moderator
12,130 Posts
Calibers have CANBUS, Crutchfield sell (expensive) adapters.
The cig lighter feed is a good power source for a chepo stereo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts