Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Once I found out about plastidip I have gone a little crazy.. This is what I've done.

Radio and shifter bezel
Hub caps
Smoked taillights
taillight frames
blacked out the grill
hood pin stripe
blacked the bottom front bumper
blacked the bottom back bumber
blacked the bottom metal door still
blacked the gas cap
blacked the letter decals
blacked the little door stripe

Im both looking for opinions on how my car looks (have I gone too far?) as well as what else can I do? Im thinking I should continue the pin stripe down into the front bumper..? Or maybe invert the stripe and have the hood hump in between two pin stripes? Maybe headlight frames or eyelids? What do you guys think?

Thanks for any reply!!

·
Super Moderator
12,256 Posts
(have I gone too far?)
What is that then ?

I like the letters, tail lights and bumper spoiler. Well done.

My view if you have to ask then it's far enough, should be obvious (to you) if it should be done.

·
The Italian Admin
11,875 Posts
Looking good so far!!! :smileup: What about some tints ? (not with plastidip...lol)

·
Super Moderator
12,256 Posts
I say do something with the headlights they look out of place but other than that the car looks good
So eyelids maybe

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried eyelids, dont think it looks quite right on my silver car. but that was before all the black was added. So I tried various forms of frames. What do you guys think? I thought it looked like eyeliner so I took it off. Ill try just the blinker and top next. Here are the pictures of the frames.

·
Super Moderator
12,256 Posts
It's probably illegal to mask the position reflector. Do you have a pic of the lids alone w/o the punk black eye feel.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Looked way too much like eyeliner, I actually laughed at it, lol. Glad you removed it. I can't think of much else to dip on the car. Get some "Mother's Back to Black" or "Turtle Wax Trim Restorer" for all the stock matte black trim. I used the Turtle Wax and it looked great! I did it right before trading in and both dealers I went to said the car looked great. It comes in a box with an application sponge. In the pics your trim looks pretty good though, might just need a cleaning, hard to tell when not looking at in person.

I think tinted windows would help complete your look, but that costs a little more money than dipping. Think running the stripe all the way back would be too much?

Good luck figuring out a head light trim that doesn't look funny. Headlights and tail lights always looked out of place to me on the Caliber.

·
Registered
62 Posts
As a fellow Plasti Dip addict, I know your pain. Have done my rims, grill, emblems, tail lights, radio & shifter bezel. I've even moved on to my 2nd vehicle...2012 Ram. I neeeeed moooore stuff to dip!!!!!!!

My advice? Buy the dipyourcar.com whole car kit...and do the whole car. The expense of the kit is mostly the sprayer and other things. I recommend the 4 gallon kit, it's $350 but then you have the sprayer forever. You can buy gallons of Plasti Dip cheap, so if you ever get the itch to change color, the expense really isn't a lot.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/Professional-Large-Car-Extra-Coverage-Kit-4-Gallons.html

I want to do my whole car sooooooo bad but I just have to find the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts