Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for pics of Calibers with aftermarket tail lights. Ive found some sets on eBay that I like, but Im not sure they will flow so I want to see what they look like on other Calis. Right now Im leaning towards the last set.

Im including some pics on which ones I like:

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
I don't have any and can't afford them, but I have to agree with you. I really like the last set. Those look great!!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That set is $120 shipped. All of those are on eBay. The top 2 are LED sets that plug directly into factory harnesses. The last one uses stock bulbs.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Here's mine:
:smiley_thumbs_up:
The only bad thing is that my tail lights only had 2 lights and these lights are designed with 3 lights. Just haven't figured out how to wire in a third light for the top socket. I read somewhere that splicing into the harness will trip a stoplight idiot light.

Reactions: 99GAZI and LYC79

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
That's not a bad price, but the church convention and trip wiped me out. I've got about twenty bucks left out of $1,400 we took. Feeding two teenage kids is getting outrageous. I'm going to have to kick them out if they don't get jobs, I guess. LOL Daughter is only 15, but my boy is 19. He had a job, but it ran out. So goes working for the census bureau!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's mine:
:smiley_thumbs_up:
I take it you like my primary choice. Im trying to picture them on a silver car with dark tint, and most likely black rims.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I take it you like my primary choice. Im trying to picture them on a silver car with dark tint, and most likely black rims.
Good choices. We are looking at going with a dark graphite wheel on ours(one of these days:gr_grin:).

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want to do something thats not common around here. Black with a red lip, or red accents, maybe all white, maybe a solid color like teal or orange.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I say the top ones, i like the LED brake likes, it comes stock on alot of luxury cars with it.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like all of them, but Im worried the top ones wont flow with all that space ship stuff going on inside that capsule.

·
Registered
723 Posts
TurboRT has those LED lights, and I've got the bottom set. I love them. On a black car, they look as they should have been there from the factory. And as far as splicing the third bulb for them, I haven't had any idiot lights pop up. It's very simple to do, I only wish I had took pictures when I did it, so I know which wires to have you splice.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From what Ive read the third set is plug and play.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Its only plug and play on the 2007 models. They actually have a stand alone turn signal bulb in the tail light. The newer models have the turn signal integrated with the brake light, so we have to splice a socket onto the wires, and now I have two bulbs that light when I brake, and signal. It's actually pretty simple to do if you have access to a test light to know which wires to mate together.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
From what i recall i asked Turbo07RT if his Tails where Plug N Play and he had told me yes, i think its written on my visiter page or his...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I'm looking at thwe third set to and i sure love them. Like u said PhantomNinja, on a black car they will fit really well.
Would be really interested in exactly how to splice the wires.

This is another way to go. I don't like it but maybe some will.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was looking for just some smoked covers, but they dont make them for this car and Im not paying someone to professionally tint the stock lights when I can just go aftermarket for less.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'll definately have to check into splicing the third light. I remember reading it somewhere and just kinda left it at that. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll definately have to check into splicing the third light. I remember reading it somewhere and just kinda left it at that. Thanks for the info.
The reason I question it is because the add for those specific tail lights say its plug and play for 06-09 or something like that.

·
Registered
371 Posts
06-07 uses a second bulb for a signal lamp.
08- and up uses the brake lamp for the signal. Basically, without modification, The top two lights will cause your signals to blink super fast. The last choice will just have an open hole, which will let in moisture, and cause fogging.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I was looking for just some smoked covers, but they dont make them for this car and Im not paying someone to professionally tint the stock lights when I can just go aftermarket for less.

Tint it your self I've tinted two sets of caliber taillights, mine and my friends

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.