Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good evening,

Went to Napa, CarQuest, Advance Autoparts, Canadian Tire in the last month, and all could not get our PCV Valve.

So Dodge Dealer it was. It's a one minute maintenance job. Very easy. :smileup:

Price was $12,05 Canadian. Part number: 05047002AA

Picture of the bag and old one after 33k kms included.

edit --> small explanation video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Jb_sfpZsI

François.

· Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Why did you decide to change it?
Good morning Dave!

Preventive maintenance i guess. :smileup:

The Caliber (my build date ~summer 2006) ~4 years old, and is started frequently in rough winter condition. I listened to the sound difference between the new and old one. The old one feels like some accumulation of sooth into it, and the mechanism is not free as the new one. Maybe i changed it a bit too sooner but i think one time each 3-4 years seems reasonable.

Regards, François

· Registered
14 Posts
Francois. Good rule of thumb for any tune up is this. Spark Plugs. Gas Filter, PCV Valve Air Filter & If Needed Oil Change. It is like the old commercial that went like this. You can pay me now or you can pay me later. Even this tune up package is cheap compared to having to tear down the engine. Nothing and I mean Nothing tops keeping the oil clean. Think of your own Body dude. what would happen if you could not get clean water. you would become BIG TIME SICK...A car is no different. I have had about lets see now.6 brand new vehicles in my life and all of them lived a ripe old age. Even my old Pontiac Cataline with a 305 in which everyone said had soft camshafts and wore down quickly. I had to tear it down due to a oil leak and I micrometered the cam and not one sign of wear. All due to keeping the oil clean. Happy Motoring .........Flappy

· Registered
689 Posts
Francois. Good rule of thumb for any tune up is this. Spark Plugs. Gas Filter, PCV Valve Air Filter & If Needed Oil Change. It is like the old commercial that went like this. You can pay me now or you can pay me later. Even this tune up package is cheap compared to having to tear down the engine. Nothing and I mean Nothing tops keeping the oil clean. Think of your own Body dude. what would happen if you could not get clean water. you would become BIG TIME SICK...A car is no different. I have had about lets see now.6 brand new vehicles in my life and all of them lived a ripe old age. Even my old Pontiac Cataline with a 305 in which everyone said had soft camshafts and wore down quickly. I had to tear it down due to a oil leak and I micrometered the cam and not one sign of wear. All due to keeping the oil clean. Happy Motoring .........Flappy

Too bad the fuel filter is built into the tank and isnt changeable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.