Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a bunch of threads on this code here and on other Mopar forums. Most point to a vacuum leak. The car runs fine except first thing in the morning if it's raining or at the end of the work day if it's been raining. Then it will drive fine to the main street and go into limp mode at the first stop light. Turning off the car and restarting clears it up for the rest of the day. Never happens when it's dry. I've cleaned the contacts for the throttle body. I'm reading the the MAP sensor also plays a part so I'll check it out too. Other ideas?

Dave

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm having a hard time coming up with where the car would be using vacuum to control something...everything's electrical in this day and age. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say that water is causing an electrical short someplace that goes away once it evaporates. Wait until it's a dry day and the car is running fine, then spray some water on various components under the hood (I'd start with the throttle body). If/when the car starts acting up, you'll have narrowed down the possible culprits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts