Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use Torque Pro OBD II app on my Android phone with an ELM327, I know, not the best. Everything comes up just fine except this one code. When I look it up it tells me it is "null" and that after a certain number of drive cycles and it will erase. I have no "Check Engine" light on. My cruise seems to work fine, but I'm not sure as to why this P0579 showed up at all.

I'm also getting no code, but a notification for the O2 sensor Bank 1 sensor 4 either no response or some crazy voltage above 600. No other O2 issues, and honestly, the car seems to run fine. 41k miles on my 2007 2.0L

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
The cruise control switch code could indicate a flexible conductor in the clockspring assembly (electrical device that connects steering wheel switches to the stationary part of the steering column) might be starting to go bad. For now, if it ain't broke - don't fix it.
The P0579 is a code for a Diesel Caliber seems erroneous.

O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 4 ? We only have 2 O2 sensors - obviously an erroneous read - for now disregard this fault.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much DKazoroski. Probably the cheap Elm adapter. The cruise control only has about 25k on it since I had the dealer install it as part of the deal of me buying it at 16k used. I have never gotten this code before. But, good to know what I've learned thus far. Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Thank you very much DKazoroski. Probably the cheap Elm adapter. The cruise control only has about 25k on it since I had the dealer install it as part of the deal of me buying it at 16k used. I have never gotten this code before. But, good to know what I've learned thus far. Thanks again.
Does the Elm unit offer a choice of vehicles for you to select from? I know a couple of people with various "smart phone" OBDII adapters, and they have not reported any "false" or "impertinent" codes
When in doubt - read the instructions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The erroneus o2 sensor has vanished and my cruise control works fine. The adapter allows to use different protocols. It searches auto so I have left it alone. The Torque app allows me to set up a vehicle profile.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
The protocol settings are for setting up communications between the adapter / phone / OBDII link. If you are getting any info at all, the protocol is correct. My experience with "automatic protocol selection" has been very good (industrial control computers, etc.).

Couldn't view your links.

Maybe, you need to set up a specific vehicle profile to mask out impertinent codes.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I have set up my vehicle in the app. Everything seems fine now. Thanks again.
OK - Good to hear. A lot of the third party software based scanners do need to be set up to specific brands, models, and sometimes model years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts