Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2007 caliber. My check engine light is on I only get the p0303 code. I have replaced both camshaft sensors, crankshaft sensor, o2 sensors upper and lower. I also replaced ign coil for that cylinder. All spark plugs. I ran a compression test and #3 cylinder has none so I did a leak down test and the air sounded like it was coming from the tail pipe and also the valve cover when I removed the oil cap. I have no power in the car. I'm wondering if there are any more tesst I can do before removing the head. My timing belt is good so I don't think I bent a valve. The only reason I have replaced so many sensors was due to codes I kept getting from the obd2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Hello I have a 2007 caliber. My check engine light is on I only get the p0303 code. I have replaced both camshaft sensors, crankshaft sensor, o2 sensors upper and lower. I also replaced ign coil for that cylinder. All spark plugs. I ran a compression test and #3 cylinder has none so I did a leak down test and the air sounded like it was coming from the tail pipe and also the valve cover when I removed the oil cap. I have no power in the car. I'm wondering if there are any more tesst I can do before removing the head. My timing belt is good so I don't think I bent a valve. The only reason I have replaced so many sensors was due to codes I kept getting from the obd2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
These cars have timing chains, not belts. The code is for a misfire, and none of the sensors you changed would cause that. Misfires can be due to an ignition part being bad, or the problem is on the fuel delivery side. From the fuel pump all the way to the fuel injectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replace those sensors because the car was in a small fender bender, the guy at Firestone ran a diagnostic test and said it was the cam sensors. He told the body shop that was what was wrong because they wanted to make sure it was not due to the accident. The car has 120k miles on it I'm guessing a head gasket or valve because the loss of oil about a quart a week. No smoke out of the tail pipe, no oil in the antifreeze, and no antifreeze in the oil. I have no leaks I park it in the same spot everyday and never oil on the ground. It has a hard time starting after I drive it then try to start again like after going to the store. I used to get a low bank code for the back O2 sensor so I changed both of them. I downloaded the manual with trouble shooting for p0303 code it wants me test all the wiring for injectors and coils. Thank you for replying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts