Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2010 Caliber that overheats after driving for about 20 minutes.
It doesn't completely go into the red but has an elevated run temperature that is just below the red area.
It turns off the ac once it starts to overheat.

I did a radiator pressure test and found a hose that was leaking and fixed that, thought it may have fixed the issue but the problem soon returned.

I also bled the cooling system but that did not help. There is no oil in the water or vice versa.

I'm out of ideas on how to resolve this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good,
Does it get hot on the road or when you walk?
Because perhaps the fans do not turn on either because of a bad relay or because of a temperature sensor.
On the other hand, there is also a thermostat in the engine water box that is responsible for opening and closing, sending the water to the radiator and the expansion vessel.
And last but not least, the type of Antifreeze you use. It is not good to mix different natures of Water. Generates sludge. In the case of the caliber, it uses Hybrid technology. These types of water are no longer antifreeze but rather coolants.
In my particular case, I replaced all the HOT liquid with a 50% Organic. But first of all you will have to fix the heating problem.

Cheers

·
Registered
392 Posts
Does it lose coolant? Do you need to keep adding coolant or does the level stay constant?

Does it overheat when driving the speed limit on the freeway?

After you drive the car around to warm it, if you park it but leave the engine running for awhile, does it overheat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
It doesn't completely go into the red but has an elevated run temperature that is just below the red area.
It turns off the ac once it starts to overheat.

I did a radiator pressure test and found a hose that was leaking and fixed that, thought it may have fixed the issue but the problem soon returned.

I also bled the cooling system but that did not help. There is no oil in the water or vice versa.

I'm out of ideas on how to resolve this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
Are the fans working?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts