Dodge Caliber Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. Have a 2007 Dodge Caliber 2.4 went to leave work and there was a huge puddle of oil under car. Looked to see where it's leaking from and it's leaking from I don't know what it's called but right next to the drain plug on oil pan there's this like circle kinda like a gromit and oil is leaking from the center of it . I have the 5800 page repair manual on phone and couldn't find any reference or picture of it. Auto zone don't know what it is . So bought oil filled it went home and all leaked out by morning anyone know what this part is called where I can get one and does it come out from inside of oil pan as in will need to get a new oil pan gasket when I fix this issue thanks . Have photos of it but don't see how I can post it in thread
Eye Automotive lighting Hood Liquid Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel

Eye Automotive lighting Hood Liquid Motor vehicle

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bien,
Parece que Carter ha sido modificado. Para poner salida de aceite a un radiador exterior. Y luego cubierto para vender el coche. No sé si es de 2ª mano o lo compraste nuevo.

Todo lo mejor.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have never seen anything like that in the 12 years I've been a Caliber owner. If I had to wager a guess I'd say that it's a plug used to patch a hole in the oil pan, definitely not something that came from the factory. Honestly, I'd suggest just replacing the oil pan and be done with it...RockAuto has several to choose from for well under $50.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts