Dodge Caliber Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yep.. it was Contra... damn I miss the old game units sometimes

but I think it was A-B start
Oh... whoops! Hehe... :shy:

Um, so yeah. Oil changes and stuff... My car has never actually indicated that it needs an oil change, though my dealer called me at the 3 month intervals to remind me. If I didn't have the service plan I highly doubt I'd be changing it that often but since I do, I figure what the heck; may as well.

The fun thing will be on my summer vacation - driving from Saskatchewan to California & back. The round trip will be in the 7500km range. I'll have to see where my kms are at before I leave - if I should just change the oil before & after, or find a dealer somewhere along the trip?

I've never done a trip quite that long before. Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts

·
Z ADDICT
3,211 Posts
Oh... whoops! Hehe... :shy:
The fun thing will be on my summer vacation - driving from Saskatchewan to California & back. The round trip will be in the 7500km range. I'll have to see where my kms are at before I leave - if I should just change the oil before & after, or find a dealer somewhere along the trip?

I've never done a trip quite that long before. Any thoughts?
Change the oil and filter before the trip and then when you get back. What type of oil do you plan to use?

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
I played Contra so much, that the code was a natural movement before everytime i played. I did the code so many times i didn't have to really think what i was doing. LOL!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Change the oil and filter before the trip and then when you get back. What type of oil do you plan to use?
So far I've just been using whatever oil the dealer puts into the engine. I don't see the type/brand on the service record, though in this climate for most cars it's usually a 5w30.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Agree, took plenty of long trips, and tried to time out the intervals. On highway trips, I would push the oil change from my regular 6000 to around 8000. Before the trip, check over all fluids, tire pressure (including spare), battery + connections. Packing a few spares helps, like fuses, quart of oil, basic tools. Don't go overboard, but stuff that can get you through a jam.

·
Registered
2 Posts
duty cycle

When is states the indicator comes on at a duty cycle which does that mean? Is it time based? (every six months) or milage based? (every 6000 miles).

Thanks for the input.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
When is states the indicator comes on at a duty cycle which does that mean? Is it time based? (every six months) or milage based? (every 6000 miles).

Thanks for the input.
The way its been explained, it's a combination of time, mileage, and type of use. The computer puts this all together to determine when to turn the indicator on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wondered that, but was not sure. I know some manufacturers use sensors that tell you when the oil is no longer lubricating as it should and sounds the alarm. With crude always heading up, this would greatly reduce the amount of used oil.

Thanks.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts