Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My spouse changes my oil on my 08 Caliber. And the darn dummy light is now going off. He changed the oil about 100 miles ago. Does anyone have any idea how to get this darn indicator to quit coming on every time I turn my car on? It's frustrating as heck!

Thanks,

Catherine

:str:

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
I found this, but I don't know if it will work.

1. Turn the ignition key to ON but do not start the engine.
2. Slowly depress the accelerator to the floor and release it three times within 10 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.

Repeat the process if the indicator does not reset.

And this somewhere else, so it may just work.

Change Oil Indicator Reset Procedure - Once an engine oil change has been completed, the PCM duty cycle counters can be reset using the following procedure. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, but DO NOT start the engine. Slowly depress and release the accelerator pedal fully three times within ten seconds. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position. If the change oil indicator illuminates the next time the engine is started, repeat this procedure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

2. Slowly depress the accelerator to the floor and release it three times within 10 seconds.

And this somewhere else, so it may just work.

Change Oil Indicator Reset Procedure - Once an engine oil change has been completed, the PCM duty cycle counters can be reset using the following procedure. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, but DO NOT start the engine. Slowly depress and release the accelerator pedal fully three times within ten seconds. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position. If the change oil indicator illuminates the next time the engine is started, repeat this procedure.

Wow, Whatever happened to just turning the key on and off twenty times and rolling the left window up and down I guess it's a start. We are on the road right now once I get to our destination we will have to try it. Thanks!

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
Wow, Whatever happened to just turning the key on and off twenty times and rolling the left window up and down I guess it's a start. We are on the road right now once I get to our destination we will have to try it. Thanks!
Let us know if it works!! You are quite welcome!! :D :D ;) ;)

J

·
0 Posts
yea... mine i going off too. i just dont want to depress my accelerator pedal.... seems like bad things will happen. i just live with it. lol.

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
yea... mine i going off too. i just dont want to depress my accelerator pedal.... seems like bad things will happen. i just live with it. lol.
Try it!! what could possibly happen? but make the indicator go away.;)

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Mine seems to go off prematurely. Just do the reset, it's easy and because our cars are "Drive by wire", it won't do anything else, like flood the engine.
Turn on, stomp three times, turn off. Done.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
mmmm... looks like I need a refresher course with my owners manual, didn't know we had an oil change light.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
mmmm... looks like I need a refresher course with my owners manual, didn't know we had an oil change light.
You don't!!!!!!!!!!
Started on the 08s .

Reactions: BBRT

·
Registered
939 Posts
«Mine seems to go off prematurely.»

Are you listening to Urethra Franklin too much?

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
Well I'll be damned!! I was right!! for once I was right!!!:p LMAO!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I get my oil changed on my 08 Caliber every 3,000 miles but the oil change indicator comes on every 6,000 miles and on the 6,000 mile interval the dealer resets it for me. Look in the owners manual as I saw in there before.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Alternately, try up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-Start. ;)

My dealer's oil change sticker had recommended 5000km or every 3 months, whichever comes first, which is way more often than I would change oil on my Stratus or even the old K car. But hey, I have a service contract so I've been using it! :D

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
Alternately, try up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B-A-Start.

What does that do? unlock the championship round on "Mike Tysons punch out" for Nintendo? LOL!

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
I can't remember the name of the Nintendo game that was for. It gave you a lot of extra men if you did that code. It was maybe Contra ( i can't remember how to spell it ).

·
Administrator
10,855 Posts
I can't remember the name of the Nintendo game that was for. It gave you a lot of extra men if you did that code. It was maybe Contra ( i can't remember how to spell it ).
I think you're right, I knew it was some game code, I just blurted out what came to my mind. I wonder if we'll get the answer?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yep.. it was Contra... damn I miss the old game units sometimes

but I think it was A-B start

1 - 20 of 30 Posts