Dodge Caliber Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
According to the 2007 wiring diagrams I have, the main relay in that box provides power to, among other things, the fuse in the TIPM that powers the AC compressor.

Each 25A fuse in the box each provides power to a cabin heater relay (so there are 2 in total). These relays provide power to the electric cabin heater that diesels cars apparently have (and which gas engines don't need). The heater has two heating elements in it with the TIPM turning one or both on depending on alternator output. As such, it would seem that if one of these two circuits is bad (which seems to be the case since one fuse keeps blowing), it's not a big deal...you'll only get half the maximum amount of heat out of it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Okay, using your image above as a reference and my 2007 wiring diagrams:

The 50A fuse on the left is your glow plug fuse.

The middle and right fuses are supposed to be 25A...each one controls one of the cabin heater circuits, each providing electrical power to half of the electric cabin heater.

Diesel engines produce far less heat than gasoline engines so Dodge added the electric cabin heater to supplement the heat coming from the engine. If you have sufficient cabin heat then fixing the blowing fuse is probably not necessary.

Again, this info comes from the 2007 Dodge shop manual. If Dodge modified the design of this circuit in later model year Calibers this info may not be 100% accurate for your car but it's what I have to work with. If it were my car I'd research why the right slot has a 50A fuse in it. If it SHOULD be a 25A fuse and you have a 50A fuse in there, you could start an electrical fire.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts