Dodge Caliber Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to get an ECM(ECU) Power Programmer for my Caliber. It's been bugging me that I can't Find ANYTHING for a non turbo... I was wondering if anyone out there found a company that made one for a 2010 2.4L. I tried JET, Superships, Hypertech. I found one by JET, but it doesn't reflash the computer or anything. There is also one by Bulldog Performance that does the same thing.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
From what I've heard - there are no aftermarket chips or programmers available for normally aspirated Calibers - EPA, ya know!

The add-on "gizmos" usually "condition" sensor signals to try to fool the ECU into providing more performance, MPG, whatever.

For the most part, the add-on gizmos kind of, sort of, work to some minor extent, some of the time, but for the most part fall into the "miracle elixer" (snake oil) category.

With most of today's daily driver cars, you are stuck with the factory program in the ECU, did I mention EPA?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand what you're saying, but they make so many of them for other vehicles, it seems hard to believe that the EPA would be preventing those companies from producing anything for the Dodge Caliber. I wasn't looking for 100 horsepower, but I just want a few more ponies from my 2.4, without completely destroying my gas mileage.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
I understand what you're saying, but they make so many of them for other vehicles, it seems hard to believe that the EPA would be preventing those companies from producing anything for the Dodge Caliber. I wasn't looking for 100 horsepower, but I just want a few more ponies from my 2.4, without completely destroying my gas mileage.
Best way to do that is to get an exhaust kit and a CAI or Drop in high-flow filter. Alot of power chips hardly work compared to increasing the engines ability to breathe properly. Synthetic oil will help just as much as most power chips, without messing with the vehiciles electronics.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
Jet tried to make a chip and even used one of our member's cars. The result was a messed up car and Jet so frustrated that they gave up. It's the CVVT that prevents any more improvement, and messing with it only gets you in deep doodoo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already run synthetic oil, with virtually no power gain. The engine takes 5w-20 oil. even conventional oil is like water compared to the oil my truck takes. Honestly, muffler, CAT, and header aside, I wouldn't change anything about the exhaust. It's 2.25" the whole way back, and for a 4 cylinder, I don't need any more than that unless I got some serious boost. I will get a K&N Cold air intake for it, with a high flow CAT too. I don't know about the muffler because I don't want it sounding like a big fart. haha. One of the major reasons I'm looking for a computer programmer, to reflash my computer and hopefully reprogram the Electric Throttle, which is not sensitive enough. I'm just trying to see if anyone has found anything that works.

Thanks

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
I already run synthetic oil, with virtually no power gain. The engine takes 5w-20 oil. even conventional oil is like water compared to the oil my truck takes. Honestly, muffler, CAT, and header aside, I wouldn't change anything about the exhaust. It's 2.25" the whole way back, and for a 4 cylinder, I don't need any more than that unless I got some serious boost. I will get a K&N Cold air intake for it, with a high flow CAT too. I don't know about the muffler because I don't want it sounding like a big fart. haha. One of the major reasons I'm looking for a computer programmer, to reflash my computer and hopefully reprogram the Electric Throttle, which is not sensitive enough. I'm just trying to see if anyone has found anything that works.

Thanks
Have you tried the "Procedure"? You can find it in the Knowledge Base. It reprograms the throttle response.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am at work right now, (Super busy can't you tell lol) but I will do this when I park it tonight. If it works, I will be really psyched! I think I have been experiencing some flat spots in my throttle response, and with a 5-speed, I really notice it in the bottom of 2nd. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i see its been 3 years since you posted this but did you find a programmer for it cuz i got a 2010 dodge caliber se with the 2.0l in it and i got a k&n cold air intake high flow cat and a 3a racing muffler with 2.5" exhaust pipe on it and my car is a stick i just want a little more pep now i gess or do you think i should just get it tuned.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
i see its been 3 years since you posted this but did you find a programmer for it cuz i got a 2010 dodge caliber se with the 2.0l in it and i got a k&n cold air intake high flow cat and a 3a racing muffler with 2.5" exhaust pipe on it and my car is a stick i just want a little more pep now i gess or do you think i should just get it tuned.
There are none for these cars. Never was, and now that it's out of production, there never will.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
I did find something that should have worked, never got it hooked up because it needed to go through the firewall.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001M4152A/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

There's the link for it, I still have it, never used, and I'll cut you a geek of a deal on it, since I won't be able to use it. Is like to see if it works.
It won't work on the Caliber. One member in LV had is Caliber experimented on by Jet for a reprogramming system. They never could get it to work because of the engine setup on these cars. Jet gave up and have never offered anything for the Caliber as a result.

·
Registered
68 Posts
chriscal, if you want better throttle response, this should work. It says it works with all models of the caliber (the manual tranny though). If you read the description, it tells you pretty much everything you need to know and it is plug and play.

http://www.modernperformance.com/pr...007plus_Dodge_Caliber/calibersrt4_electronics

I have been considering getting that for a while now, but I have been waiting to see if I can locate a CSRT-4. I love my SXT, but I crave the power of the turboed 2.4 instead of my 5speed 1.8.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
chriscal, if you want better throttle response, this should work. It says it works with all models of the caliber (the manual tranny though). If you read the description, it tells you pretty much everything you need to know and it is plug and play.

http://www.modernperformance.com/pr...007plus_Dodge_Caliber/calibersrt4_electronics

You can do the same thing by doing the "Procedure" (found in the Knowledge Base). It reprograms the throttle response and costs nothing.

·
The Organizer
15,004 Posts
There is nothing on the market and never will be...PERIOD.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts